A Quick Overnighter

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

A Quick Overnighter

Post by Aggroman »

If anyone gets bored, here was a quick overnighter at the San Angelo State Park.

Oh yeah, it's a kayakfishing forum, so here ya go...

O.C. Fisher Reservoir Fishing Report 3/13/15
Water Clarity...dirt.
Fish...dead.

:D

On with the story...

It was quite a crazy busy week, then in the middle of it my son's troop decided to throw in a last minute camp/hike trip. Everyone is busy the rest of the month, so this was it. Fortunately it was close to town at the state park which meant....I can finally go! I still had to work until 6, so they decided to meet at 6:15. We loaded up and headed out. It was originally just Saturday only, but heck, why not throw in an overnighter.

My Scout

I also needed to try out a ton of new gear that I had to replenish from last June's flood that wiped us out on the Pecos River.

My new home. North Face Talus 2.

A few of the boys needed to finish a some requirements on a few merit badges. So a 10 mile hike was scheduled and my son planned and cooked a breakfast for the troop to keep working on his cooking badge.

Preparing the eggs.

Skillet scramble complete.

Pretty sunrise this morning as the group of zombies gathered for breakfast.

I still had to work at 9am, but we were up at 7. The boys slowly got things moving, and I wasn't paying attention to the time, so I looked down at 8:30 and flew out of there. I got home in enough time to change clothes and drop off my gear. I've heard plenty of comments today about someone in the store smelling like a campfire. :lol:

Scott
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Re: A Quick Overnighter

Post by Bigrock »

Of all the things that hurt in my divorce settlement (years ago), the worst was the loss of my North Face VE-23. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Great report Scott. I mean Scout, er...Scoot...whatever. Glad you and Not-so-Mini Me got to get out together. :D
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Re: A Quick Overnighter

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Bigrock wrote:Of all the things that hurt in my divorce settlement (years ago), the worst was the loss of my North Face VE-23. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Great report Scott. I mean Scout, er...Scoot...whatever. Glad you and Not-so-Mini Me got to get out together. :D
Hey man!! You missed the Permian Tracks tour!!