Hords Creek Lake

Pecos_River_Rat

Hords Creek Lake

Post by Pecos_River_Rat »

Does anyone have any information on Hords Creek Lake outside Coleman? I am thinking about planning a trip for spring break, and any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Hords Creek Lake

Post by Aggroman »

I was doing some research the other day, but came up empty. We thought about making a road trip sometime in the next month, so i'll let you know if we go.
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

Word is it's full of bass, your a little early right now but by the end of march it should be primed and ready to go. Water is a little low , mostly flooded timber and rock shoreline. Small lake but perfect for a yak . There is an entrance fee and not sure about boat fee. It has a lot of camping spots as well. I talked to a bass guy at ivie that couldn't say enough good things about the fishing there. Good luck if you go and PLEASE post a report if you go.
Pecos_River_Rat

I've been before and the fishing is great. I was just mainly wondering if the fish where still there, and if it was low enough, that powerboats couldn't get on it. And what are the whites biting on? Thanks!
nmYAK4fish

Post by nmYAK4fish »

I wish I had the answers for you but I don't. Good luck to you, I'm sure it still has a few good largemouth.
Pecos_River_Rat

Thanks anyway.
HaroldCoulter

Post by HaroldCoulter »

looked online and found its at 41% capacity as of yesterday. I may make a day trip.
Pecos_River_Rat

It has great facilities, and good water. I was just wondering about fishing though.