Fishpond Series Nets - Anyone use them?

Bassbug
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Fishpond Series Nets - Anyone use them?

Post by Bassbug »

Just picked up the Mid-Length Net from Fishpond. Have been shopping around for awhile for a new net. Can't wait to get it! Check it out.

http://fishpondusa.com/product/detail/n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... th-net/227

Details:

•Carbon Fiber & Fiberglass composite
•Waterproof/weatherproof & buoyant
•Clear rubber net bag included--Black bag sold separately
•RiverKoat finish (Rubberized paint for the greatest grip when wet)
Z~MAN
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: RGV,Brownsville,Texas,Kayak: hobie revo-Let's Go Fishin..Coco.!

Re: Fishpond Series Nets - Anyone use them?

Post by Z~MAN »

That is a Kewl net main! :clap:

Let us know how u like it!

Let's go Fishin....coco!
Z-man
Bassbug
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Bassbug »

Will do man. Anxious to get it. Early Christmas present to myself.

Z~MAN wrote:That is a Kewl net main! :clap:

Let us know how u like it!

Let's go Fishin....coco!
Z-man
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

Looks (and is priced) like it's meant for fresh water fly fishing - really nice, but out of my price range. It will however, be the last net you'll ever buy if it meets your size needs. For carrying on a kayak, it looks perfect. But it is too small for my needs and expensive. When I fish tournaments, I want a big net. I also want one that floats. So I have had two generations of my own design that I've used over the last 15 or so years. I buy a big aluminum frame net at Academy. Add an old stringer float (with the hole reamed out) to the handle and one at the opposite end of the net's rim. You have to disassembled the net and take the netting halfway off the frame to add the second float. Floats, cost less than $25 and can take a 40" red or a 9 lb trout with ease.
Bassbug
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Bassbug »

Cool. Sounds like a good deal you do there.

The nomad nets do float on their own. I don't fish tournaments, and you can use these nets in any body of water. Not just for freshwater. Or for fly fishing . They would hold fish from a 30" Red to pan fish.

They are a little pricey, but sometimes it's nice to treat yourself to nice gear. There is a range of sizes and uses that fit all fisherman needs.

I canoe fish a lot and the extra length will be very handy.

Yaklash wrote:Looks (and is priced) like it's meant for fresh water fly fishing - really nice, but out of my price range. It will however, be the last net you'll ever buy if it meets your size needs. For carrying on a kayak, it looks perfect. But it is too small for my needs and expensive. When I fish tournaments, I want a big net. I also want one that floats. So I have had two generations of my own design that I've used over the last 15 or so years. I buy a big aluminum frame net at Academy. Add an old stringer float (with the hole reamed out) to the handle and one at the opposite end of the net's rim. You have to disassembled the net and take the netting halfway off the frame to add the second float. Floats, cost less than $25 and can take a 40" red or a 9 lb trout with ease.