HEADED SOUTH

preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

HEADED SOUTH

Post by preacher »

Moving to Winnie just off IH10. This move does a few things. It puts me real close to the salt (less than 20 miles), it also takes us out of the hurricane surge threat, and the new place has a 1400 Sq ft shop.
With this size shop I'm stepping into a new build. A 17 foot center console bay boat.
Mine will be a center console without the poling platform.
Last edited by preacher on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Re: HEADED SOUTH

Post by Mythman »

But, I don't understand...............you currently live somewhere North of Winnie and are in a hurricane zone?

Anyway congrats on your move and the new shop.............that's a big shop!
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

Nope, had a place in Gilchrist until Ike came through. We live near Dallas and the house in Gilchrist was our retirement plan. Just finished the remodeling about 1 week before Ike hit.
The house in Winnie gives us the proximity to the salt and the precaution we want to avoid another Ike catastrophe.
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

preacher wrote:Nope, had a place in Gilchrist until Ike came through. We live near Dallas and the house in Gilchrist was our retirement plan. Just finished the remodeling about 1 week before Ike hit.
The house in Winnie gives us the proximity to the salt and the precaution we want to avoid another Ike catastrophe.

Got ya..............I remember you losing your place to IKE...............glad your now closer to the salt.

Come BTB fish with us some.............we won't be far, just 17 miles.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

I've experienced 3 strokes since Ike. I am still able to paddle but my ability to re - entry or swim it still off. Because of that I stay in the shallows. Hoping this coming summer will see me BTB, I really miss it.