Notice all Jackson owners

Spot_n_tails1

Notice all Jackson owners

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

I was wondering if anyone has had this issue, I have sent in my claim to Jackson and am awaiting their response, i am just wondering if anyone had an issue like this and what was done? Any response would be awesome. I noticed leaking a while back and couldn't find the where it was coming from, I had my seat in the low position so it was being hidden. Wind was down this past weedend so i had it in the high and that is when i noticed it. So if anyone has feedback please respond.
Attachments
new 018.JPG
new 016.JPG
AcousticTennis
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Notice all Jackson owners

Post by AcousticTennis »

Wow. I've put mine through a ton of abuse and even stand on the seat. Never had this issue. Let us know how they handle it.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

i will, i have never stood on the seat, and still dont know how it happened
non pro angler \m/

Post by non pro angler \m/ »

Happened to me on my 2013 Cuda 14. Took it back to FTU and Jackson replaced the hull with no questions asked.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

bonez wrote:Happened to me on my 2013 Cuda 14. Took it back to FTU and Jackson replaced the hull with no questions asked.

Thats awesome, I am hoping that happens, I am just awaiting Jacksons say.
rico86

Post by rico86 »

Sucks that you're in Edna but if you want to make the drive to FTU let me know. I've only seen it happen once. It was a Coosa and the guy weighted about 275. After talking to him I realized that it was the way he was sitting down. He wasn't using the strap to sit back down. He would just drop down into the seat. That will eventually cause it to crack since the seat frame is putting alot of pressure on it.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

rico86 wrote:Sucks that you're in Edna but if you want to make the drive to FTU let me know. I've only seen it happen once. It was a Coosa and the guy weighted about 275. After talking to him I realized that it was the way he was sitting down. He wasn't using the strap to sit back down. He would just drop down into the seat. That will eventually cause it to crack since the seat frame is putting alot of pressure on it.
will do, i may make that trip after i hear from jackson
WesC

Post by WesC »

I just had this same crack fixed on my 2012 Big Tuna. ACK Spring fixed mine last Thursday. Dropped it off at 10am, had it back by 3pm.
canonman

Post by canonman »

Jackson will relace them no questions asked. Its in the warranty. They had a bunch of the Coosas do this when they first came out. Mine was actually the first to happen. it happens from leaving the seat in the low position even if you don't sit in it much. I left my down just so it was out of the way and it was easier to paddle. Good luck just keep trying to get in touch with them.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

I want to thank everyone for all the replies and helpfull advise. I will keep trying to get a hold of them to get this issue fixed. I really love all the interactions on my issues and want to once again thank everyone who has replied.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

Well i heard back and the lifetime warranty is for the original owner, that sucks, now i am not sure what i am going to do. I have a broke yak and if try to fix it or get it fixed will it hold up then if i want to sell it later i would be lucky to get like 200 out of it because of the crack. That blows, guess its off to the garbage with it i guess, that is really the only option i have left.
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

Spot_n_tails1 wrote:Well i heard back and the lifetime warranty is for the original owner, that sucks, now i am not sure what i am going to do. I have a broke yak and if try to fix it or get it fixed will it hold up then if i want to sell it later i would be lucky to get like 200 out of it because of the crack. That blows, guess its off to the garbage with it i guess, that is really the only option i have left.

Sorry to hear that Scott,

Just take it to ACK & have them do a weld job on it ... it wont hurt anything, but it may get you paddling sooner
whatwake
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by whatwake »

EZ-E wrote:
Spot_n_tails1 wrote:Well i heard back and the lifetime warranty is for the original owner, that sucks, now i am not sure what i am going to do. I have a broke yak and if try to fix it or get it fixed will it hold up then if i want to sell it later i would be lucky to get like 200 out of it because of the crack. That blows, guess its off to the garbage with it i guess, that is really the only option i have left.

Sorry to hear that Scott,

Just take it to ACK & have them do a weld job on it ... it wont hurt anything, but it may get you paddling sooner
I might be wrong but I think ACK has stopped wielding repairs.
You can repair it yourself. Its actually pretty easy to repair, there's videos on you tube on how to do it.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

Well dustin i am still on the water, i have a hobie also, but yeah i am kind of P.O.ed at this right now. ANYONE WANT A KAYAK FOR $300, thats about all its worth right now.
EZ-E
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by EZ-E »

you can get more than that for it ... don't sell your self short :wink:
castawaydan

Post by castawaydan »

I would buy it from you and get it welded. but you are far away from me. I live near lake Houston.

I vote for you to ask for help from someone here and get it welded and keep it. If you are planning to come to Houston then Ill buy it and fix it when I get a chance. I need an upgrade from my pescador 12
Tx_KayakFishing

Post by Tx_KayakFishing »

Don't sell this kayak for $300 that would be a bad move but hey if you do call me first. Lol
WRsteveX

Post by WRsteveX »

One of the first things I noticed going from an OK to a jackson was that the plastic felt soft. The whole boat flexes and scratches much more that my prowlers and tridents.
The bottom of my 3 month old cuda 14 has deeper and more scratches than my 4 year old trident 13 from fishing and paddling the exact same places. Go figure.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

Ok all i am sorry about the earlier confusion but i am going to fix the yak and it will be for sale but wont be for 300 more like 500 so i will post when it is done
ntsharker

Post by ntsharker »

Dude you will be able to get a lot more than 500 for your cuda
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

it is a cruise 12
rico86

Post by rico86 »

Scott bring it to FTU on i10. I'll take care of it for you. 713-827-7762
treysdaddy

Post by treysdaddy »

I have thankfully never had an issue on any of my kayaks, but I bought 5 out of the 6 of them used. I will never buy a Jackson kayak since they don't cover anyone but the original owner. I have heard some "bend over backwards" warranty stories from Hobie kayaks. Customer service is king in this small community.
WesC

Post by WesC »

Spot_n_Tails
Sorry about your boat but you are being a bit dramatic. you can get your boat fixed for about $50-$100. If the Welder is worth his salt you boat will likely stand up to YEARS of use! I got my Big Tuna Fixed and it works fine. if it cracks again... ill get it fixed again. if you really want to sell your cruise for $300 Ill take it!!. Ill even come pick it up. I understand you are bummed out about the boat, I was to. You have gotten 3 suggestions and the guy from FTU put his number up for you to get this resolved. Please put on your big boy pants and fix the boat!!.
Spot_n_tails1

Post by Spot_n_tails1 »

i am getting it fixed but am selling afterwards and never owning a jackson again, especially since the hull is 1.5 years old at max and there is no warranty but for the original owner.