Fishing the Concho

DesertYakker

Fishing the Concho

Post by DesertYakker »

Hey guys. I am thinking of breaking away from work either tomorrow or Friday. I have fished the Concho at Crystoval and under Ben Ficklin road. Just want to try a new spot. Any other good spots y'all can recommend to try on the Concho. Don't know how good it would be in town. Mostly fish for bass but anything that is biting right now would work just fine. Just need to fish. Might even consider a lake, but prefer rivers. Anyone know of some good spots? Anyone wanna go? My cell is 432-349-6212.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Re: Fishing the Concho

Post by Aggroman »

Hey Brandon, There are a few spots on the South Concho that have been very productive, but require a bit of dragging. Pugh Park is good this time of year, Mineral Wells Rd is always great, but again, lots of dragging. What about Spring Creek? Drop in at park and wave at Bigrock as you paddle by. I've seen some pics this week of some good looking bass caught on Nasworthy out in the reeds. I can't remember, but do you flyfish?
Wish I could get away and go with you, but work is crazy right now. Good luck, and leave us some fish. :D

Scott
no-snag

Post by no-snag »

I'd like to join but I have to work. Try the docks and shallow water off the boat ramp on Beaty Road at Nasworthy. The white bass were in 2-4 ft of water last sunday. We caught about 30 in 45 mins. It was fun!
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

Take beaty all the way to the end it loops around on its self take the dirt road down the hill this will put you below the dam for nastywater. Almost two miles to fish and no pulling.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

MWS65 wrote:Take beaty all the way to the end it loops around on its self take the dirt road down the hill this will put you below the dam for nastywater. Almost two miles to fish and no pulling.
I forgot about that spot, it is the upper portion that starts at the dam below Ben Ficklin. Last I remembered it was a little challenging putting in, but easy going after you get on the water.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

*(&@(&*@ *#&#&^%@# *!(*&Y!&^%#@ #*&^%T@#&^ (*#&^T#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giving away our secret spots, eh Mike and Aggroman??!!!!!!!!!!!!

This could be a cause for excommunication!!!

Bigrock, we need to convene the Templar Redneck Council Of The Temple Of The Sublime Mind!!!!
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Barnacle Bill wrote:*(&@(&*@ *#&#&^%@# *!(*&Y!&^%#@ #*&^%T@#&^ (*#&^T#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bigrock, we need to convene the Templar Redneck Council Of The Temple Of The Sublime Mind!!!!
NOOOOO!!!!, Please no Bill, we would never give out our secret spots, honest. Those spots are full of rabid carp and STD infected gar. It was all just an evil plot to get rid of our competition who do nothing but yak and fish all the time, so when the council decides to start fishing again, they will have plenty of good spots. No thank you needed, but I will bring up your questionable behavior to the council.

:D
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

Too late ol' mermaid lips!!!!!!!!! It's time to convene the council!!!!!!!!!
DesertYakker

Post by DesertYakker »

Lol, thanks guys. Would love to explore some of these. Ended up working instead of fishing. But maybe sunday or monday, I will have to check some of those out.
Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

I think I posted this awhile back, but here's a map I did of the area. I updated a ton of them with the changing water situation.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=21 ... dg=feature" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bigrock
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by Bigrock »

Barnacle Bill wrote:*(&@(&*@ *#&#&^%@# *!(*&Y!&^%#@ #*&^%T@#&^ (*#&^T#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We're ready and waiting...

Aggroman
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Aggroman »

Bigrock wrote:

We're ready and waiting...

I searched the world over and thought I found true love, you met another and ppttttthhhh you was gone. :D

You know you sang that while you read it. :lol: