Opening day

Mellon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Opening day

Post by Mellon »

So much for the thunderstorms and rain we were supposed to have Fri pm - Sat am.
The teal trip was on, was cancelled, then back on at the last moment.
Only saw a dozen or so birds.
Only heard a few shots being fired.
Got one at xmas bay on the north side.
I sure found a great fishing spot over there, though. Of course my fishing stuff was in the garage this am.
How did anybody else do?
mike
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

teal

Post by mike »

my son and i got 3, one group of four guys got 2, another group of 3 guys got 1. very poor start for teal season. with the full moon and all i had my hopes up. didnt see many birds and most that we saw were very high. oh well, maybe next weekend!!
throwinbowz

Post by throwinbowz »

thought it was gonna rain so hit up the bars in college station with some of my buddies. turned out to be a descent looking morning though (for bluebirds). anyway, hope to get out sometime soon, any of yall goin in the mornin?
TomL

Post by TomL »

We actually had an awesome teal hunt Saturday and Sunday. We were hunting just off of FM529, just North of Katy, and we had very fast and furious action for 1 1/2 hours, and then it went dead. My group managed to limit out with 20 birds, and Sunday, we managed 3/4 of a limit with 15 birds.

All were blue-wings except for one green-wing thrown in there.
jonnylaw
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by jonnylaw »

We had a good morning Saturday here around baffin on some low lying water holes. We saw plenty teal, among many mottled ducks, pintails, few gadwalls, and some widgeon. Sunday morning too still and hot. We did get half a limit though. I am excited for big duck season.
jonnylaw
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by jonnylaw »

We had a good morning Saturday here around baffin on some low lying water holes. We saw plenty teal, among many mottled ducks, pintails, few gadwalls, and some widgeon. Sunday morning too still and hot. We did get half a limit though. I am excited for big duck season.
paddling john

Hey Mellon

Post by paddling john »

Rule number 1. Always take a rod and some tackle in the boat. I can not count the number of times that after hunting and crossing the bay, ran into birds working over trout. That makes for a GREAT morning on the water.
John
Rojo_Kayako

Re: Hey Mellon

Post by Rojo_Kayako »

paddling john wrote:Rule number 1. Always take a rod and some tackle in the boat. I can not count the number of times that after hunting and crossing the bay, ran into birds working over trout. That makes for a GREAT morning on the water.
John

Very wise words. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've seen fish working amongst decoys. Didn't know whether to so-called "cast or blast".

Now, if someone knew where I could aquire and over/under, shotgun-rod combo, then I'd be in Heaven!