New To TKF

JCAN2

New To TKF

Post by JCAN2 »

Just wanted to introduce myself. I will be b purchasing a new or used kayak in a couple of weeks and I am extremely excited. I am completely new to kayaking and I have been absorbing as much info as I can thanx to this site. I live in Clear Lake, Tx. married with 2 teenaged boys :D

-John
ranben2762

Re: New To TKF

Post by ranben2762 »

Welcome John!

I'm one of many newbies. I'm just getting started in saltwater kayak fishing. I just recently bought a kayak and have only made a few outings.

You'll find a lot of good people and information on TKF. Kayak fishing is just like any other hobby. You can spend a little, a lot or somewhere in between. Don't be afraid to post your questions about yaks, gear, tackle techniques, etc. Learn from the experiences of others (and there is a ton here)!

Enjoy!

Randy
non pro angler \m/

Post by non pro angler \m/ »

Welcome to the addiction :mrgreen: Make sure to post your ride when you get it.
JCAN2

Post by JCAN2 »

I sure will! Can't wait!
H2O Seeker

Post by H2O Seeker »

bonez wrote:Welcome to the addiction :mrgreen: Make sure to post your ride when you get it.
X2

Utilize the search feature on TKF. Many times a question has been asked several times over. Start there first to gain different perspectives and you will find good insights from people with a lot of on the water experience.
JCAN2

Post by JCAN2 »

Thank u guys!
Uncle Vinny

Post by Uncle Vinny »

Howdy John,

I'm relatively new myself here and have found a wealth of information here.

I live just south of you so will looking forward to seeing more posts and possible on the water sometime. :)

Uncle Vinny.
gerARRGH

Post by gerARRGH »

Welcome to the addiction! and it truly will be an addiction but worry there will usually be a support group somewhere along the coast on the weekends. :D

next month will be 1yr since i got into kayak fishing before all i did was wade and bank fish. I've met a bunch of nice guys and some even if the don't know have taught me a thing or two.