Need advice for bayou vista area

MulletMaster08

Need advice for bayou vista area

Post by MulletMaster08 »

Yo guys I'm comig to fish a tournament for my school in a few weeks. We will be launching at loius bait camp.

Does anyone know any hot spots around there? Maybe a few hidden reefs or just in general a good place to fish around there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I was told to ask coachmills, heard he was the expert for that area!
RedWolf
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club
Location: Clear Lake, Lime OK Frenzy, Lime Tarpon 120, Blue Tarpon 140

Re: Need advice for bayou vista area

Post by RedWolf »

Coach Mills or Ms A (its her backyard). But Sonny does seem to have the best luck there. Do you have to launch at Louis's or is that just the central location? What is the format for the tourney, slam, reds, trout, flounder, or a mixup? There is TONS of shallow marsh around the area to work for redfish. For trout, I would concentrate on the channels that run along either side of the railroad line, particularly around where it meets the main channel near the bridge. Flounder are usually found around the RR bridge pilings but can be picky eaters as the area is usually full of small shad that they feast on.
MulletMaster08

Re: Need advice for bayou vista area

Post by MulletMaster08 »

It goes by length. Our team of 3 can enter 5 fish between us the 4 and 5 fish have to be a different species, trout, red or flounder. We have to launch there at Louis. But I figured that I could drift down the railroad track and pick up a few fish and stay in that main Chanel and pick up a few trout.