TKF 3000 Club

TKF Meeting @ FTU last night

Post by TexasGringo »

How was the meeting last night? Give us the scoop!! :D
harv418
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by harv418 »

It was awesome. The Shimano Rep has some interesting stuff. Never thought I would ever see a computerized fishing reel...Those Japanese are way to into computerized stuff.

The lures were cool. I would suggest that people stop missing these meetings.
WideGlide

one more down

Post by WideGlide »

We actually got a new color of assasin from him that hasn't hit the market yet and he also handed out some new top water lures that are along the same lines as the top dog series. The main difference in this lure is that it has a cupped front in so while you're walking the lure it's also creating the chug effect too. He had multiple colors that we got to choose from so the closer you were to the front the better chance you had of getting what you wanted. He also had a door prize of a pretty nice spinning reel that was given away and several boxes of line that went too.
Other than that he had the same suggestions about not hosing your reels off instead wipe them down with a cloth so you don't force the sand into the reel. And of course showed us a spinning reel and a baitcaster that would cost you a measly $500 at the counter. Because all of us have 5 bills laying around the house to drop down on a fishing reel every other week. I have 5 right now but they are missing a couple of zeros behind them :( .
All in all it was a pretty iteresting meeting and we had a little better than 15 show up, maybe we'll see some more people at the next one.
TexasGringo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by TexasGringo »

harv418 wrote:I would suggest that people stop missing these meetings.

Oh, come on now Harv. Not all of us live/work real close to FTU. I work on the west side and live in West Columbia, so its WAY out of the way for me. I do plan on making one every once in a while. I'd like to get the chance to meet some of you guys. Last time I saw you Harv, you were teaching me how to throw a cast net at the CCCF gathering about a year ago. We need to go wet a line.