Chocolate Bayou Sat 21 report

cj6530

Chocolate Bayou Sat 21 report

Post by cj6530 »

pulled into the launch under the 2004 bridge around 7am. Got out of my truck to unload my kayak and got attacked by a hellish mosquito swam. Sprayed so much bug dope on that my lips got numb. Dragged the yak over so much disgusting garbage that I almost puked out the bug deet I just consumed. Water was very low. Paddled down a mile and started casting top waters into the edges of the boat channel. Not much for the first hour or so....but then a top water bite turned on around 9am and lasted till 10:30. landed a few nice trout and some undersized reds (released them all). Off the water by 11am. All the action was on the below lure. Trout and redfish think its crack on low tides.

http://www.strikeprolures.com/fishing-l ... ge164.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DelSol
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Chocolate Bayou Sat 21 report

Post by DelSol »

I was there Friday and have to agree on the skeeters.
I don't know what was worse, the mosquitoes or the amount of OFF I had to spray on me to keep them off 8)
engineer

Post by engineer »

When the wind is low over there, mosquitoes are absolutely brutal. One time I was attacked by a swarm of mosquitoes so bad that I accidently knocked off a pair of Wiley-X glasses into the water. It's somewhere near the launch, if anyone hooks on them, their yours!
potlicker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by potlicker »

cj6530 wrote:pulled into the launch under the 2004 bridge around 7am. Got out of my truck to unload my kayak and got attacked by a hellish mosquito swam. Sprayed so much bug dope on that my lips got numb. Dragged the yak over so much disgusting garbage that I almost puked out the bug deet I just consumed. Water was very low. Paddled down a mile and started casting top waters into the edges of the boat channel. Not much for the first hour or so....but then a top water bite turned on around 9am and lasted till 10:30. landed a few nice trout and some undersized reds (released them all). Off the water by 11am. All the action was on the below lure. Trout and redfish think its crack on low tides.

http://www.strikeprolures.com/fishing-l ... ge164.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
so u were north of 2004 in the bayou?

off topic, anyone tried those Off Clip on instead of the spray?
cj6530

Post by cj6530 »

potlicker wrote:
cj6530 wrote:pulled into the launch under the 2004 bridge around 7am. Got out of my truck to unload my kayak and got attacked by a hellish mosquito swam. Sprayed so much bug dope on that my lips got numb. Dragged the yak over so much disgusting garbage that I almost puked out the bug deet I just consumed. Water was very low. Paddled down a mile and started casting top waters into the edges of the boat channel. Not much for the first hour or so....but then a top water bite turned on around 9am and lasted till 10:30. landed a few nice trout and some undersized reds (released them all). Off the water by 11am. All the action was on the below lure. Trout and redfish think its crack on low tides.

so u were north of 2004 in the bayou?

off topic, anyone tried those Off Clip on instead of the spray?
I paddled towards Chocolate Bay.