Hooking up a cricket?

Snag'emAndBag'em

Hooking up a cricket?

Post by Snag'emAndBag'em »

I went fishing this past Sunday found a cricket. I put a knot on it between the hook a cricket. Didnt hold to well, after I seen the fish suck it right off the hook in a split second...
Ive been looking around how to hook a cricket and ran into a forum where this guy said to use a drop of crazy glue on the back of the cricket, wait 5seconds and then place the hook on top of it...
Has anyone ever tried this method? lol I'd sure love to try it :lol:
Anyways, let me know if you have anyway or a special way to hook up a cricket.
All advices are appreciated :D Never to late to learn something new!

Happy Fishing!
Texmullet

Re: Hooking up a cricket?

Post by Texmullet »

Stick the hook in the crickets abdomen and run it out the top of its head....is there any other way???!!
texan4ut
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by texan4ut »

They make cricket hooks. They are long shanked and hold the cricket better. As far as crazy glue I use it on my knots and on plastics to hold the hook at the eye, I guess it could work on crickets.
Snag'emAndBag'em

Texmullet wrote:Stick the hook in the crickets abdomen and run it out the top of its head....is there any other way???!!
???The objective is to keep the cricket/grasshopper alive longer on the water so that it can make the wake to attract the fish....

Not kill it :horse:
larry long shadows
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: East Houston May the wind be to your back when you Yak

Post by larry long shadows »

All I can say is your just one step away from fly fishing....you can buy rubber cricket fly's that work great
Snag'emAndBag'em

larry long shadows wrote:All I can say is your just one step away from fly fishing....you can buy rubber cricket fly's that work great
Ive always been intrigued by fly fishing, but im also intimidated bcuz I dont know nothing about it, not even throwing the line out. It look pretty technical. Maybe in the near future, I'll build the courage to buy me some fly fishing gear and give it a try :D

I'll have to also do my research before anything and see where its good to fly fish.