Decided to buy a Hobie Pro Angler, but....

chasingtails123

Decided to buy a Hobie Pro Angler, but....

Post by chasingtails123 »

Before I pull the trigger on a 2012, what are the chances of finding a demo or older model PA for sale here in Texas? Will there be a significant difference in the price between a 2012 model and a demo or used PA? Is the price for a 2012 PA($2,549) the same for all shops here in Texas. Thanks in advance guys..
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Decided to buy a Hobie Pro Angler, but....

Post by saltykat »

Not sure about prices I think hobie sets the price. You maybe able to make a better deal with a yak shop but they can't advertise a lower price. I've bought 2 used pa's for well under 2k but good deals don't come up often. If you do buy used get a newer model with the new steering upgrade the old one with the rudder control on the seat sux imo
BigGabe63
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by BigGabe63 »

People make impulse buys all the time and sometimes need to unload your best bet would be to check constantly on here and then on craigslist for the major cities. Also make sure to attend any demo days that may be close to you. Unfortunately you just missed the ACK demo days because they always sale their kayaks at discounted rates at their demo days. May try giving them a call to see if they have anything in stock
Mr. B

Post by Mr. B »

There were quite a few PA's for sale on Craigs list over the past month. Most were relativly new selling at around $2000.
chasingtails123

Will the ACK discount apply to a new Hobie PA?
Nueces Bay
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Nueces Bay »

Msg paul m here on tkf. I believe he has a brand new one thats never seen water for sale at a discounted price.
lptxguy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by lptxguy »

Yes the tkf discount will apply also see how much they are from the demo days prices.
grman

Post by grman »

I know KO Sailing is going to have a demo day in the near future. It is on NASA rd 1 near Kemah.
They have an execellent supply of Hobbies. I bought mine Revo from them at a demo day. Most shops would rather sell a yak than load it up and take it back to the shop. And it is basicly a used yak after that day. Even tought it was used only one day (dont think KO rents).
chasingtails123

Does anyone know if FTU sells their demo kayaks on their demo days?