Howdy from Burleson

Huskysibe

Howdy from Burleson

Post by Huskysibe »

New guy here from Burleson. I work at the Navy base in Forth Worth. I dont have a Kayak yet but have been reading this forum for the last 2 days straight. I want one bad now! I am tired of bank fishing and coming up empty, dont own a boat but would like to be able to chase fish. I guess I would hit Benbrook and Lake Worth a lot since they are the 2 closest to me. Just wanted to pop in and say Hi, back to reading the forum!

Billy
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Howdy from Burleson

Post by preacher »

Welcome aboard! Try to make the Grapevine Get to gether on April 14th. Check out Rev TCF's post below. You don't need a boat. We all bring extras. I got 4 coming.
BOPGUNNER

Post by BOPGUNNER »

Welcome , I work a little north of you on the some road , behind the fence. Read and learn here. Then come out to the grapevine gtg . Then try out some different kayak. It`s all fun. I have been kayaking for just over a year with 3 or 4 overnight fishing trip under my belt. And I still read and learn from here. Better to learn from other mistakes , cheaper too. You have got lake JP ,Arl two plus the FTW river system has some pretty good fishing up and down by you. HAVE FUN BOP
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

Welcome!
There will be more boats at the G2G than you can paddle in one day. We'll have all the new Jackson models available for test drives. Just look for the Texas flag tent and we'll be there to talk kayak with you!
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

Rev TCF wrote:Welcome!
There will be more boats at the G2G than you can paddle in one day. We'll have all the new Jackson models available for test drives. Just look for the Texas flag tent and we'll be there to talk kayak with you!
Is that better known as "yak yak"? :lol:
fishgutz

Post by fishgutz »

When you do decide to pull the trigger on the yak give me a shout...I can be on the water in about 3 minutes from my house in a area where you can get your paddle on! Benbrook :D Your more than welcome to come out anytime...
Huskysibe

Post by Huskysibe »

Thanks guys, and I certainly will take you up on that offer Fishgutz, you can show me the ropes!!!

Billy
Huskysibe

Post by Huskysibe »

When do I get to post freely without a moderator approving my posts?
Cudadude

Post by Cudadude »

Welcome Huskysibe, I live in Burleson also, I’ve been on about every lake close to us. I have some extra rides if you want to try one out..I’m headed out tomorrow if you’re interested in going, I’m always looking for someone to go with.