Dangerous Waves!!

Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club
Location: John 3:16, 1Corinthians 7:31, Proverbs 3:5-6, Matthew 4:19

Dangerous Waves!!

Post by Living Waters »

The forecast prediction for this day was for one to two feet swells in the morning and increasing to two to three foot in the afternoon. It was calm in the channel until we hit open water, in the open water the swells were more like two to three foot, the winds were coming from the south at ten to fifteen mph. Jerron and Travis headed out first they were in Ocean Kayaks and were kayak fishing around the Surfside jetty and buoy areas. Jerron calls Daniel on the VHF radio and reports that he just caught a spinner shark, Daniel and Adam was headed out to a Rig located 4.5 miles south east Surfside Jetty, the time it took sailing out there was around 45 minutes. The winds gradually increasing with the waves, the Hobie Adventure Island handled the condition fairly well; When Daniel and Adam arrived at the Rig Adam hooks up to it and started fishing. Daniel decides to troll around that Rig and another Rig close by about one half a miles apart from each other. Daniel notice there still was a lot of sea weed in the water, and the water clarity was not as clear for trolling. A few hours go by and Adam calls Daniel on the VHF to report that he has a fish on, so Daniel sails over to see what Adam has, and he was still fighting this fish. It was reported to be a black tip shark not sure what the size was, but Adam did lose it due to a malfunction in his wire leader. After that the waves and winds start to pick up some more and it was looking real dangerous to be out there in a small craft, so we decide to sail our way back. While sailing back it seem like we were riding waves four to five feet in swells, there was a few times when the waves would hit the kayak brood side and it would feel like someone pushing you off sideways, in that case we leaned toward the wave held on to the handles and kept on sailing north, The Hobie Adventure Island handled these condition quite well. Daniel had no luck trolling but it was a blast to be out there.

*note "this is not a fishing report" but do have a fishing action in it...

goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: cypress, tx / coles crossing 2011 Hobie Pro Angler, fully customized by gYc Boatwerkz

Re: Dangerous Waves!!

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

dude...seriously...what is wrong with your camera......you might need to check the settings because it SUCKS
Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Living Waters »

goneYAKcrazy wrote:dude...seriously...what is wrong with your camera......you might need to check the settings because it SUCKS
I know I need to get a new one, Ty Southerland has worn out 2 Playsports all ready, I am still on my very first one I bought about 1 1/2 years ago. Oh and the threading where the screw gos in is all worn out too, so in this video I had to hand held the Playsport, but last night I did format my playsport so all the default settings should be back to norm now.
goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: cypress, tx / coles crossing 2011 Hobie Pro Angler, fully customized by gYc Boatwerkz

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

thank you....from all the great vids you have posted...this one by far sucks the worst....you can do wayyyy better than this :horse:
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

Good info about the conditions and the AI's.

I can never take decent videos when hand holding my PlaySport.

Put it on my hat set up and it works a whole lot better. I am thinking about mounting it on my kayak too.

Thanks for sharing!!!
Crazy Yak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Crazy Yak »

Enjoyed your video Daniel! Ya'll gone make me looz my mind!!!
=FISHINATOR=

Post by =FISHINATOR= »

awsome video !
btbrich2110

Post by btbrich2110 »

Yea same conditions at High Island Fri. hoping for a good trip this week! No big thing just a chicken wing! 8)
Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Living Waters »

Its all good baby!!..... this video was just for fun, I will prob take it down in a few days... I dont like hand held videos. I put this up just to show the crazy waves we where in, and how the HAI handled them. Its about time I take a break from doing videos untill I get all my stuff togeather, first off I need a new camera then I can use my boat puller cam mount.
Jigawatt

Post by Jigawatt »

Daniel, your videos are always fun. I'm also impressed with you and Adam getting up to speed so quickly in sailing the AI. The water that day, well, it was a lovely shade of coffee. The kingfish were probably too jittery from all the caffeine in the water to bite.
fishinmachine

Post by fishinmachine »

Looks like big fun. Thanks for making/sharing the video!

FM
toefu

Post by toefu »

looks fun but those waves look crazy. here's to hoping for better weather soon.
jlai92

Post by jlai92 »

man the hai is beast ! you guys were flying ! looks fun. hopefully the pa can sail good.... Hopefully.

if not then forget the pa and back to jetski fishing !! :D
~jkilgore~

Post by ~jkilgore~ »

Footage looks good to me and I always enjoy watching your videos. Keep em coming and thanks for sharing. BTW, way to brave the waters!
goneYAKcrazy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by goneYAKcrazy »

boy dphams...u sure do have alot of fans......even if your friends tell you that your camera sucks right now and you need a new one ....u still have a following :horse: :horse: :horse:
Living Waters
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Living Waters »

goneYAKcrazy wrote:boy dphams...u sure do have alot of fans......even if your friends tell you that your camera sucks right now and you need a new one ....u still have a following :horse: :horse: :horse:
Its true my Play Sport is having some issues, as far as fans go, I think the guys on here or in this type of sport like to focus on these types of videos, that I or others are putting out, each one of us that do videos have our own little style of editing or making the video. This time I took the lazy approach and finished this video the very next day after it was shot, and also I did notice allot of "video shaking" and "lighting issues" The shaking is because I was holding the camera with my hands, and almost 99% of the time anyone who does that will have similar effect, the correct way to do it would be on a stand, tri-pod, or hand held tri-pod like a boat puller cam mount. I could not do this because my Play sport threading is all worn out. I did re-format my Play sport to the default settings, and I will use it like that until I trade this one in for a new one at Best Buy, I think they have that "trade in your old electronics for a new one"
I take creative criticism and complement the same, and learn from what others are saying, I do appreciate everyone’s honesty even if it is not to my liking. Keep in mind I take a lot of time and work to record video, edit, and post them up. I just started this whole thing almost a year and a half now and I have learn a lot from the very beginning to now. I am still learning this new program I got and there are a ton of stuff that can be done, I just have not got the time to research it yet. But as the weather conditions will be getting better the videos and fishing will be getting better too, oh and also these first few weeks was mainly learning how to operate the Hobie Adventure Island, I have done 4 trips in it and have learned something from every trip, and still learning, the epic stuff that I have planed it coming soon, so for those who are waiting on the big fish catch on the HAI please be patient as I work out all the safety first on the HAI. Once again thank you all for your comments. Peace be with you!
Izzy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Izzy »

Great video Daniel, that Hobie Adventurer looks like a blast to operate. 8)
JBondoc1

Post by JBondoc1 »

Nice Action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurry up and install your gps/fish finder so you can go further out.

Cant wait to take out our AI....hey you still DTF for this month?