Anyone test or own an Ocean Kayak 4.7 Ultra yet?

mmmooretx

Anyone test or own an Ocean Kayak 4.7 Ultra yet?

Post by mmmooretx »

Started kicking the tires and went to ACK today. They were very helpful guiding me through the buy process and have pretty much decided on this model. Still working on my initial buy list and saving like a madman. But would appreciate any inputs from members that have own/tested this model. Once my experience curve has improved I hope to tag up with the BTB group. I still have a "Chicken Little" streak so I will probably go with the yellow model to be as visible as possible to the Cigaret boat owners. Part of my initial buy will include a lighting system and am leaning towards the Yak-Gear setup mainly because of the bug lighting over the Wildcat system.
Thanks for your time. :clap: :clap: :clap:
DOGNEWS

Re: Anyone test or own an Ocean Kayak 4.7 Ultra yet?

Post by DOGNEWS »

One of the guys at ACK in houston owns one. To my knowledge he was the first one in houston to get one. Jerin is his name. Great yak to my knowledge. you never have to drill holes since it has pretape screw holes and most of the bells and whistles that fishing guys like. The one thing he did have to do was to order the rod storage direct from OK since his did not come with it. I would check back with ACK again and see him. They also sold a few to some TKF folks so I know they are out there. Good luck>
mmmooretx

Re: Anyone test or own an Ocean Kayak 4.7 Ultra yet?

Post by mmmooretx »

DOGNEWS,
Thanks for the reply. Yes the rod holder is on my initial buy with list and I will go back as soon as I can do some serious talk on an order.