Bass Flies

Flyfisher87

Bass Flies

Post by Flyfisher87 »

Im looking for either or both a good bass fly tying book and/or Video. Do any of you recomend anything?
ellisredfish

Re: Bass Flies

Post by ellisredfish »

One of the best that I have found is "Tying Bass Flies with Jimmy Nix." He shows how to tie several deer hair patterns. It is easy to follow. I bought mine at FTU here in Houston.
Another is "Spinning Deer Hair" by Chris Helm. The latter deals more on how to spin deer hair.
gfmd33

Post by gfmd33 »

I like the books by clouser and Barr, they are not strictly bass fishing, but have good bass patterns in there. I have several books, I think one of them is called Hot Bass Flies. There is also a good book by Terry and Roxane Wilson, but I don't remember what it is called. My best recomendation is to find stuff on the web, a lot more patterns to choose from.
envguy

Post by envguy »

You may want to look at "The Art of Tying the Bass Fly" by Skip Morris. Has quite a few patterns and is pretty step by step
Flyfisher87

Post by Flyfisher87 »

Thank you guys.
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

After this weekend, I should be able to report on video "Tying The Bass Flies of Pat Ehlers". Also, check out Ward Bean's website "Warmwater Fly Tyer". It's got plenty of bass and brim patterns, well illustrated. Here's the link...

http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/welcome.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AC