a new sweet memory

Boar

a new sweet memory

Post by Boar »

Took my oldest son to the stock tank out back wanted to 1 try out some flys. and 2 see if there were any fish in there(I put 25 handsized blugill in there 2 yrs ago) anyway I was casting and he seemed happy. I asked him does it git any better than this, out in the BIG GUYS woods, fishing, and stayin in yer own back yard?

his response was " ya , when you can be out in the woods fishing,in your own backyard with your buddy".

I kinda melted at that.

Didnt git a bite but was way worth the walk in the backyard.

Boar
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Boar,

WOW! What a great and wise kid! How old is this young man? Sounds like you've raised him right. Does he fly fish, too, or use conventional tackle?

I'm a beginner on conventional tackle. I retired from Southwestern Bell one year ago. Earlier in 2004 my husband and I got kayaks and started paddling our cares away. I had never fished, so thought I'd give it a try. I never knew there was so much to learn. So far I've only caught 2 fish, both of them flounders. The first was 14.5 inches, and the second one was 12 inches, so he was released.

I know you are proud of that boy (as well as your other children). The fact that you fish with him (and you must have taught him how) means he will have many fond memories of your time together, too.

Way to go!

Mrs. B
fishinaggie88

Post by fishinaggie88 »

Cool :lol: 8)
Pilgrim

Post by Pilgrim »

Boar,
Those are special times.
Write that type of stuff down, keep track of it and one day write a letter to him with those types of things in it and give it to him on a special day, like his 21st birthday or some other special occasion.
It sounds like y'all are off to a great time together!

Pilgrim
Boar

Post by Boar »

Mrs.B
He is 11 and sorta fly fishes and sorta conventional fishes but he does love to tie flies...sorta he does have some issues and today he hit us with something new to us, dont want to talk about it here but if you have a extra prayer we could use it about now

pilgram
Thanks
Mrs Backlasher
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Mrs Backlasher »

Boar,

Your family is in my prayers. God will hold you in His hand. There are troublesome times in rearing children. But what a loss it would have been if we didn't have them. Trust.

During a time when I had worries about my daughter (and she was married, no longer living at home), I talked to God about her situation. God advised me that my daughter is His child the same way that I am His child. (God has no grandchildren!) He informed me that He can speak directly to her heart and doesn't need me to interfere. I tell you what, that is so liberating!!! I was able to stop fearing what might happen, and very soon, the problem just evaporated!

God keeps telling us not to fear, not to worry, leave everything in His hands. Don't hold onto the troubles, hold onto God instead.

Mrs. B