redfish owners

altonr77

redfish owners

Post by altonr77 »

have anyone had problems with the rivets in the seat area pulling through the plastic. or tearing the plastic. this is a pic of a buddies boat. the rivets have been pulling dimples in the seat area. this happened last time he was out
Attachments
redfish pic.jpg
redfish pic.jpg (15.84 KiB) Viewed 774 times
susanto1228

Re: redfish owners

Post by susanto1228 »

Ok I have a heritage redfish or pro fisherman same thing just about all I can say is he is putting too much stress on one point or it could of just cracked when they installed the rivet, I would drill that pad eye out, patch it with some marine goop and not tie down points for seating to one point especially if he's a big boy I would use 2 points like 2 pad eyes or maybe even use stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts if at all possible.
OlSalty

Post by OlSalty »

How old is the yak? Does your buddy store it outside? The color seems sun faded. This could of weakened that point. If not, It could be just as susanto said.
altonr77

Post by altonr77 »

there r two rivets and the other one is doing the same thing. i dont understand why the plastic riped like that. the rivet should have just pulled through
javadrinker
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by javadrinker »

I'd be calling Heritage
cadruss2004
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by cadruss2004 »

I had it happen on my first Marquesa/Redfish (warranty returned) , the placement and fastening of the seat is terrible.
Redfish #2 (warranty return) & #3 have had a cracking problem between the seat and scuppers.
Just reinforced & welded a double crack, we'll see if it lasts. If not maybe a pirogue...
ClovisMan
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by ClovisMan »

Mine did the exact same thing. I just epoxied the damn thing up. It seems to be holding. If it happens again. I guess I'll weld it.
Tradercj

Post by Tradercj »

I think this was a problem a couple of years back that has been corrected on newer models.
I read about the problem before I purchased mine and from day one I have placed a piece of rubber dish drain mat between my seat and the yak surface. When I move around the seat does not slide and there is not as much pressure put on the rivets. I am talking about the mat that has an open mesh. I think the rivets were reinforced on the 2008 and after models.
cadruss2004
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by cadruss2004 »

ClovisMan, I think you might end up welding as epoxy does not stick well or long to polyethylene.
Tradercj, I hope you are right about the reinforcement, but I looked at a new model and all Heritage has done is screw the seat in place.
I am not impressed by that.
The silicone mat is a good idea, inexpensive and works well.
BTW,the current seat series is nice but skimpy on butt padding and no lumbar/tailbone support, I've switched to an aftermarket seat.