Surfside Surf Too Rowdy - Xmas Bay Too Dirty = Skunked

Angler

Surfside Surf Too Rowdy - Xmas Bay Too Dirty = Skunked

Post by Angler »

The poll had wading the surf high, so as promised that where we went this morning. On the beach at surfside with nasty wind, serious chop and chocolate colored water. Oh well.

We popped over to Xmas - like everyone else did - and tried to salvage the morning there. I tossed top waters in the marsh, while Jerry worked the shore line. Lots of bait in the marsh and a couple real good blow ups but nothing in the net.

Did manage to spend some time with a buddy and got to commiserate with the other dissapointed fisherman for a few...

Gettin' skunked still beats workin' but today I am not very happy with the weather forecasters...man did they get it wrong on this day. Hopefully the funk settles down for the weekend.

Angler
Milkjug
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Surfside Surf Too Rowdy - Xmas Bay Too Dirty = Skunked

Post by Milkjug »

Glad you got out there and gave it a shot. Wadefishing the surf is very condtions-dependent so I don't know why anyone would suggest it for a random trip. Seeing blow-ups is still cool though.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

I never trust the weather forecasts when it comes to wind speed. This is why I always have a "Plan B" as a backup usually involves going crabbing. I may not bring fish home, but if I don't bring fish home, I bring blue crabs home.
davewave12

Post by davewave12 »

Did the same trip today, Surfside, then Christmas and Cold Pass, stayed with it and did OK -6 Trout including a 25"