Houston area castng instructor

Dogpaddlin

Houston area castng instructor

Post by Dogpaddlin »

Can someone recommend a casting instructor in the Houston area? I want to take a couple of lessons and try to get a feel for if it is something I want to pursue.

Thanks in advance.
Puck

Re: Houston area castng instructor

Post by Puck »

Come visit with the Texas Fly Fishers.

http://www.texasflyfishers.org/

We have a few CCIs (Certified Casting Instructor) They can have you casting in a lot less time that trying it on your own.

Puck
Drmsfish

Post by Drmsfish »

To make this a competitive post......check out http://www.montgomerycountyflyrodders.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as WE meet at Gander Mountain on I-45 Spring every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month, excluding holidays. Just like the Texas Flyfishers, you will find people to help you for little to zero money. We have a FFF instructor who almost gives away lessons to members. Membership is cheap and it's fun. This Thursday we have a CCA Rep. coming to speak to us. We also help sponsor and teach numerous classes thru the Woodlands Parks and Rec. The 3rd thursday we meet for informal fly tying with the main purpose being to help people get started and trade ideas. PM me if I can help! Forgot to mention, if you want to pay for instruction, check with Bill Gammel in Houston or perhaps Orvis or I Fly The Anglers Edge.
Matt Sherwood
VP
Montgomery County Flyrodders
picaroon
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by picaroon »

The Texas Flyfishers are a great group, no question............You live in Spring and the Montgomery County group is so very close to you at Gander Mountain on IH 45. They have at least one CCI who will give you great lessons for a pittance so long as you donate the money to the club..............I am a member of the Montgomery County group and have been giving lessons for many years. I am not a CCI and to tell the truth I wish I were. Their program is probably the best and most professional sports instructional program there is. If you are a member of MCF I will volunteer to get you started at no cost and if you take to it you can go to a CCI. I strongly recommend that you go to the two day classes given by Barry's dad (Al Crise) at Glen Rose at some point if you take to this sport.

I have got to say that casting itself is very satisfying kinda like hitting a bucket of balls.............
JCARTER

Post by JCARTER »

does anyone no of a casting instructor in the victoria tx area or some where closer than houston
ribka

Post by ribka »

Hi
Can help you with casting, flies, gear, etc. Over 20 years fly fishing experience. I live near Corpus Christi
Barry's Dad

Post by Barry's Dad »

Howdy
In East Matagora is Skipper Kessler skipper25@windstream.net
Skipper is a Certified Casting instructor.
ol Al