WOODEN BOAT BASH

preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

WOODEN BOAT BASH

Post by preacher »

I sure hated missing the gathering but the pics helped a little. Truth is, I'm a lot like Strider, I really like to fish. I enjoy working on my boats and the challenge but when I hung that 28 inch Bull Red and then those matching 22 inch Bull Trout back to back I was not thinking about building my next project, I was looking for more bait. :lol:

Gerald, you need to do this a couple of times a year (in my opinion) so people can see these things. I've seen wooden yaks for sale in shops that don't come close to what I saw in those posts. I could spend all day commenting on the beauty and creativity in all of those boats posted and not do them justice.

I may be proud of the Bumble Bee but, man, it don't come close to those rigs.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kudos, atta boys and (to borrow a phrase from Rush) mega dittos to all.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: WOODEN BOAT BASH

Post by gerald »

Man! I don't know if I could stand to have a Roundup several times a year. At this time it's definitely a yearly event.
It's funny, but even with all the finely designed and built craft, I still get thrilled to see boats like your Bumble Bee, Texaszeke's pirogue, and that suprisingly light birch pirogue that was at the Roundup--name escapes me right now. A lot of boat building careers have started with this kind of boat--including mine.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

gerald wrote:. . . that suprisingly light birch pirogue that was at the Roundup--name escapes me right now.
That was Dogpaddling's boat. How 'bout a Mini-Bash in the Fall? At Huntsville State Park, so the folks in East Texas can join in? Just a thought...
Hirsch
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Hirsch »

Pogo wrote:
gerald wrote:. . . that suprisingly light birch pirogue that was at the Roundup--name escapes me right now.
That was Dogpaddling's boat. How 'bout a Mini-Bash in the Fall? At Huntsville State Park, so the folks in East Texas can join in? Just a thought...
I would say about mid-October when it is cooler but a couple weeks before gun deer season opens the first Saturday of November.
bowgarguide
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by bowgarguide »

Sept Is Colo elk hunt Oct archery deer season Texas
So I am out for a Fall bash.
Ron
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

I'm out also.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Well, that takes care of that. I wasn't going to do a mini-Roundup anyway. Once a year is plenty. Leave'em wanting more. Where will it be next year....????
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

How about DFW host it
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

Fairfield State Park ?
They have great campgrounds and a nice banquet hall. At the end of the day everyone bring a dish and have a feast.
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

Mid October? Just come on down to the S Llano for Oktoberfisch and make it a part of the festivities. Pogo will already be there (and won't leave until the Sheriff throws him out). :lol:
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

Remember this is "Gerald's Bash" I am sure he will let us know when and where.
double dip
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by double dip »

Hopefully a bunch of folks will bring their boats to the Family Picnic for the soldiers in Seguin on Oct 17th. Looking forward to seeing some high end craftsmanship.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

DarrellS wrote:Remember this is "Gerald's Bash" I am sure he will let us know when and where.
That's true. But as one of those oblivious dullards who never seems to catch a hint no matter how overtly it's given, I nominate Huntsville State Park to be it so the East Texas folks get a break.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

double dip wrote:Hopefully a bunch of folks will bring their boats to the Family Picnic for the soldiers in Seguin on Oct 17th. Looking forward to seeing some high end craftsmanship.

Hey, I'm your Huckle Berry. Maybe will have 3 by then.
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Rev TCF wrote:Mid October? Just come on down to the S Llano for Oktoberfisch and make it a part of the festivities. Pogo will already be there (and won't leave until the Sheriff throws him out). :lol:
Been meaning to reply to this, finally remembered (I love getting old :D ). Revvie is right, if anyone wants to get together, bring it on to Oktoberfisch, man! I attended for the first time last year, and it's now an event I won't even think about missing. A perfect place for boat builders to gather. If you aren't into fly fishing, just keep quiet . . . there's a "don't ask - don't tell" policy that's strictly observed just for people like you. :lol:
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

It's not limited to flyfishers. Lots of folks fish the dark side there. :lol:
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Y' know, if there's a bunch that's as easy to get along with as a mess o' boat builders, it'd have to be a raft o' fly fishermen. Or vice versa. You can bring a plastic boat to a Roundup or a spinning rod to an Oktoberfisch and nobody'll draw on you. Y' oughta try it, that's my recommendation. Maybe we can all gang up and roust out TCF, he was hidin' last time. 8)
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

Pogo wrote:Y' know, if there's a bunch that's as easy to get along with as a mess o' boat builders, it'd have to be a raft o' fly fishermen. Or vice versa. You can bring a plastic boat to a Roundup or a spinning rod to an Oktoberfisch and nobody'll draw on you. Y' oughta try it, that's my recommendation. Maybe we can all gang up and roust out TCF, he was hidin' last time. 8)
Hey, I even put up a sign at my sight and only one person found me. I'll have my popup right next to you this year!!! :P
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Heh, I got all wound up talking about it, and called to make reservations last night. Spot no. 2, right by the water -- hoo-wah! Man, I'm ready to get started NOW! :D

BTW, the folks at Morgan Shady Park are suffering a technical SNAFU with their ISP/hosting service, and their web site URL is directing all traffic to some unrelated dive in Kerrville. Until the problem is resolved, all pertinent information may be obtained here: http://www.fredericksburgflyfishers.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jerry Hamon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Jerry Hamon »

Pogo wrote:Heh, I got all wound up talking about it, and called to make reservations last night. Spot no. 2, right by the water -- hoo-wah! Man, I'm ready to get started NOW! :D

BTW, the folks at Morgan Shady Park are suffering a technical SNAFU with their ISP/hosting service, and their web site URL is directing all traffic to some unrelated dive in Kerrville. Until the problem is resolved, all pertinent information may be obtained here: http://www.fredericksburgflyfishers.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay, now I'm calling today. Gotta have spot no. 3 !!!
Pogo
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Pogo »

Hah, sucker. He fell for it. Now yer gonna have to come up with a wood boat, mister. That's the way it works around here now. :lol:
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

Pogo wrote:Hah, sucker. He fell for it. Now yer gonna have to come up with a wood boat, mister. That's the way it works around here now. :lol:
He's got a wooden boat anytime he wants it. :D