Next Weekend

DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Next Weekend

Post by DarrellS »

Is next weekend ever going to get here? I am ready to paddle some boats, have some good conversation with friends, and probably enjoy an adult beverage or two or three Sat. night.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re: Next Weekend

Post by gerald »

Yeah. I'm looking forward to it as well. I took Thursday off just so I could get ready to go. I'll get there early friday morning, get my campsite--and just laze around all day.
Just do another project between now and then! Time will pass fast...
Light Keeper's Kid
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Stuck in the Middle, Wadefish 15' -Heritage 9.5 Angler (OlllllO)

Post by Light Keeper's Kid »

:D X2 :D

Mike
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

I had planned on leaving out early Fri. also, but Hannah has a choir concert Fri. @ 6:00 so I will be loaded and ready when she gets home. Then I will make TRACKS to Inks. Does the park close like Lake Waco parks at 10:00?
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

Gosh--I can't really remember. On the website it says that office hours on friday are 8:00am to 10:00. On saturday 8:00am to 7:00pm. I don't remember if they lock the gate.
TexasZeke

Post by TexasZeke »

I'm gonna try to make for a few hours saturday. Since I've never been there about how long should it take to get there from China Spring. Google gives me times between 2 and 3 hours, depending on route, with the longest time going to the shortest route.
gerald
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by gerald »

I would lean more toward figuring 3 hours from where you are. I go from Gatesville and figure 2 1/2 hours. Can't remember exactly any more because it's been a few years and old-timers disease is slowly creeping in...

Leave early. Get there before 10:00am.
TexasZeke

Post by TexasZeke »

google's suggested route was 134mi and said it would take 2hrs 24min. After playing with it awhile I got it down to 117mi. and up to 3hrs and 44 mins. They are probably figuring time long because it's going through the country instead of interstate, which I try to avoid. I'll probably leave here at 7 or a bit before if I get moving early. Just in case they are way off on their estimate, who's frying the bacon...hehehe
DarrellS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by DarrellS »

I called Inks and the lady said that there is no gate. The office is open until 10:00, if it is later before you arrive just come by the next morning and register your vehicle. That is good news I can drive ABOUT the speed limit now.
TexaRican
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by TexaRican »

This is killin me but I'm just not going to be able to get up there. With all the travel and extended hours I've been working, I just can't take away from the family time right now to do all that driving.
While you guys enjoy each other's boats, I'll be giving mine it's 2nd trip and hopefully first real sliming with my kid, then back home by mid-afternoon for the honey-do list.
preacher
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by preacher »

Pepperfool wrote:This is killin me but I'm just not going to be able to get up there. With all the travel and extended hours I've been working, I just can't take away from the family time right now to do all that driving. While you guys enjoy each other's boats, I'll be giving mine it's 2nd trip and hopefully first real sliming with my kid, then back home by mid-afternoon for the honey-do list.
Different excuse but same situation, just can't make this one and I hate it. But, when I have a chance to go to the beach with the wife . . . well. And, I heard that the Reds are dangerously over populating the Galveston Bay so I'm volunteering to reduce the population as much as possible.

I really wanted to see all those fantastic wooden boats, wasn't too excited about all the talented craftsmen looking mine over but critism is (has been) a good teacher. BTW, I had a lady look at my Perogue and asked if I would build one for her husband! I quoted a rediculous price and she never flinched. I may be retiring much earlier than expected. :lol:

I pray that all are safe traveling to and from the event and the Lord rewards you all with wonderful weather and calm waters.