Hawk Ridge Fly Casting Clinic

Barry's Dad

Hawk Ridge Fly Casting Clinic

Post by Barry's Dad »

The Next Fly Casting Clinic at Hawk Ridge Flycastng School

May 2, 2009 Saturday General Clinic from just starting to advanced casting. 20 student limit.

May 3, 2009 Sunday Special for CCI Candidates Work Shop, NOT CCI Testing.

The Clinics are held at 'Hawk Ridge Flycasting School' near Glen Rose. TX. 50 miles southwest of Ft. Worth TX (Ol Al's place)
Here is the 'plan of the day' for clinics. We will make some small changes as needed.

The Casting Classes are taught by Hawk Ridge Flycasting School's FFF CCIs and Master Casting Instructor, Allen Crise.
This time I hope to have some special casting with the Spey Rods. No Wind please.

Plan of the day
Saturday

7:00 AM Coffee and sweets.
Introductions of Instructors and Students.
Why and how this Clinic is set up.
What you should get out of this training.
7:30 Evaluations of the students. (This keeps like abilities in groups of like levels)
8:00 Bill's essentials./Bruce Richard’s 6 steps
9:00 Casting.
10:00 Terms of the fly Caster [new changes.]
11:00 Casting. (with your group)

12:00 Lunch Chicken BBQ
1:00 Different flies and how they are fished.
2:00 Spey casting demo.
3:00 Casting. (with your group)
4:00 Loops & control slack line casting / Casting in the wind
5:00 Distance & Saltwater Casting
6:30 Dutch treat at Loco Coyote restaurant. Caravan over there.

The charge for this clinic is $100.00 for students 16 and over, Free if under.
8+ hours of Casting and Class. Equipment if needed supplied. Hat and Eye protection required on the casting venue.

Sunday
7:00 AM Coffee and sweets
7:30 What is a CCI
8:30 Teaching Casting
9:30 FFF ethics
10:30 Casting Vaults
12:00 Lunch Burgers
1:00 Casting Tasks required for the Test
3:00 Tips on teaching.
4:00 Open casting if you have any questions now is the time

If you are a Certified Casting Instructors (CCI) You can give a one-hour classroom talk on some part of casting on Saturday or Sunday. Outline required before the clinic, so I can set up a schedule. You are required to be on-hand to help with the casting class. No charge for if you do class.
The idea is to help the CCIs to become better instructors by learning from other instructors. The 'CCI Candidates' will have Sunday for Teaching tips. We will cover much that is on the CCI test. The charge for this is $75.00

This Class/clinic is fast becoming known for Pre test workshop that will help you understand the mechanics and requirements of the FFF Certified Casting Instructor.
Glen Rose has many Motels, State Park near by If you are on a "Casting Junky budget" Tent Camp on the Ranch for free.
Contact Allen Crise MCI flysoup@itexas.net, Ranch 254-897-2045 or Cell 254-396-1574

ol Al
--
Allen Crise
FFF Master Casting Instructor
Hawk Ridge Flycasting School
2508 A County Rd. 1011
Glen Rose TX 76043
254-897-2045 h
254-396-1574 c
picaroon
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Re: Hawk Ridge Fly Casting Clinic

Post by picaroon »

This is a great "clinic" and an opportuniy to LEARN more about our sport..........I went to one of these and found out that I did not know quite as much about fly casting as I thought I did. I also gained a great deal of respect for the Certified Casting Instructor program. Actually it is much more rigorous than any program I have ever been exposed to.........Al Crise (Barry's Dad) is the most knowlegable fly caster I know of and is a Master Certified Casting Instructor. This is a very big thing.

Like many sports, with good quality instruction, that sport becomes much more enjoyable. You will more than save the cost of the class in knowledge about the proper equipment to use, thus avoiding the cost of the mistakes you will other wise make in ill advised equipment purchases.........

Put this class on your calander !!!!