What will be our goals for 2009....

1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Pasadena, Texas 77502 and any where my kayaks can go.

What will be our goals for 2009....

Post by 1alextorres »

I plan on making more PACK trips and to catch a fish on a fly with a flyrod for the first time.....
DelSol
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by DelSol »

Sure would like to land that ling from the yak that I missed last year 8)
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Post by Mythman »

My goal kayak/fishing wise is the same every year, just keep having fun!!!
justletmefish
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by justletmefish »

Man I would love to catch a ling on a kayak. I had one get off too.
sundevil96

Post by sundevil96 »

Fish more. Also would like to try BTB this year and go on a PACK trip.
Buckeev
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Buckeev »

Spend less money/more family time.
Fish more.
Repair hurricane damage.
Fish more.
Finish my new office.
Fish more.
Become a spandex model like BB. :shock:
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by 1alextorres »

Buckeev,

That last one is a little creeppy....no wait ...that is totally creepy....next thing will be the picnic tables.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .....stick with MORE FISHING......
bbuchorn

Post by bbuchorn »

Findin some new fishin buddies to get me goin fishin more.
I was just gettin ready to get started with the kayak fishin right before IKE, Igot the boats ( 2 Hobies) but now everythings tore up and it's too cold and windy on my days off :roll:
Soon though, real soon.... :wink:
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by 1alextorres »

bbuchorn
Have you looked into joining a P.A.C.K. outing? They have trips planned each month from day trips to weekenders. Today they were going to Sportsman Road and in a few weeks they will be going to Moses Lake. Just thought I would give you an idea to meeting other yakers and learning new areas. WWW.PACK.ORG . Also most of them are TKFers.

Alex
Fish Tales
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Fish Tales »

I will start fishing in just a sombrero and speedo. I have been talking about it for a year and I think I have the guts to finally do it. My fishing buddies think it would be funny. I've been wearing the sombrero for a while now. Now its time for the bananna hammock
Fuzzy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Fuzzy »

Fish Tales make sure you post where your fishing so we can plan a trip somewere else.
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by 1alextorres »

Fuzzy wrote:Fish Tales make sure you post where your fishing so we can plan a trip somewere else.

GOOD ONE.....GREAT IDEA!!!!!!LMAO
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: What will be our goals for 2009....

Post by 1alextorres »

Well, this year is almost coming to a close.....I will be knocking on the door of 40 on the last day of this year ( I will be 39 on the 31st) looking forward to reaching one of my goal that I did not get to accomplish this year.....did not get my first fish on a fly rod. Will try to work on it when the new year comes around.......I did get to go on more PACK trips this year and did get to meet a lot of new people as well in the process. My most memorable trip this year will be the one I took with my wife and son to the Llano with PACK. They had a blast. We will be returning to that one again in the following year of 2010. So for those that reached there goal in 2009...congrats....and keep those lines tight and have a wonderful new year.
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

My goal is the same as it has been for the last 6 years. Try and catch, by rod and reel, a 30" long flounder.
DelSol
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Re:

Post by DelSol »

DelSol wrote:Sure would like to land that ling from the yak that I missed last year 8)
Maybe in 2010 :roll:
Mythman
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club
Location: Cypress.......watching the weather to go BTB fishing!

Re:

Post by Mythman »

Mythman wrote:My goal kayak/fishing wise is the same every year, just keep having fun!!!
Yep, I made my goal for 2009, it was one of the best years I have ever had catching fish and having a good time.

May God grant me continued good health, resources and opportunities to keep having fun!!!
Mitchw123456
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Mitchw123456 »

1alextorres wrote:Well, this year is almost coming to a close.....I will be knocking on the door of 40 on the last day of this year ( I will be 39 on the 31st) looking forward to reaching one of my goal that I did not get to accomplish this year.....did not get my first fish on a fly rod. Will try to work on it when the new year comes around.......I did get to go on more PACK trips this year and did get to meet a lot of new people as well in the process. My most memorable trip this year will be the one I took with my wife and son to the Llano with PACK. They had a blast. We will be returning to that one again in the following year of 2010. So for those that reached there goal in 2009...congrats....and keep those lines tight and have a wonderful new year.

Hey Alex we should try and hook up sometimes. I just very recent starting be able to actually hook fish on a fly and its truly addicting. I haven't found anythign else as exciting as flinging a fl at a school of redfish in less than a foot of water.

As for goals, I'm still searching for a winter time 30" trout. I've got one that was 30" in the dead of summer but was very skinny. I must spend more time hunting for fat girls
1alextorres
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by 1alextorres »

Mitchw123456 wrote:
1alextorres wrote:Well, this year is almost coming to a close.....I will be knocking on the door of 40 on the last day of this year ( I will be 39 on the 31st) looking forward to reaching one of my goal that I did not get to accomplish this year.....did not get my first fish on a fly rod. Will try to work on it when the new year comes around.......I did get to go on more PACK trips this year and did get to meet a lot of new people as well in the process. My most memorable trip this year will be the one I took with my wife and son to the Llano with PACK. They had a blast. We will be returning to that one again in the following year of 2010. So for those that reached there goal in 2009...congrats....and keep those lines tight and have a wonderful new year.

Hey Alex we should try and hook up sometimes. I just very recent starting be able to actually hook fish on a fly and its truly addicting. I haven't found anythign else as exciting as flinging a fl at a school of redfish in less than a foot of water.

As for goals, I'm still searching for a winter time 30" trout. I've got one that was 30" in the dead of summer but was very skinny. I must spend more time hunting for fat girls

That sounds like a good plan. I have not been able to practice my casting as much as I had planned on too since my kids school started up. I need to make an effort to take the fly rod with me each time I am able to go out on the yak so I can have the oppurtunity to cast at a school of reds. Also this past year felt like one of the windiest years ever and with my weak casting skill I never took it with me.

Yes we need to plan a fishing trip in the near future when our shift schedules allow us to go.

I feel that 2010 will be the year that I will catch the first fish on a fly rod.