Two fish , Pickup broken in to, Rods, and laptop stolen.

hereford

Two fish , Pickup broken in to, Rods, and laptop stolen.

Post by hereford »

This was some weekend.

I started off Saturday afternoon and evening just north of Hog Island and only ended up with 2 trout. Still they were both right at 22 inches.

Sunday I put in just past the ferry landing and fished by the Lighthouse.
No fish or bait in the water.

While my pickup was parked by the marina, someone broke open the lock on the drivers side of my 2000 F250. They broke it open with a screw driver. They ended up taking two Diawa surf spinning reels and rods, one Abu Garcia and rod, an Eagle Cuda fish finder, my suitcase and my company laptop. I filed a police report and they they think they have a decent chance of finding them at a pawn shop, but I don't know.

There are seriously some worthless people around. My reels are unique looking and I better not see that guy using them some day.

I may stick to hunting for now.
abz400

Post by abz400 »

keep on eye out on craigslist.
kayakbassTX
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by kayakbassTX »

Sorry to hear!!! Thanks for the report!!!
jyaklin

Post by jyaklin »

If you have a Ford F250, F350, or excursion between years 2000-2005, you should seriously take it and have the locks replaced.

Two seconds is all it takes for a thief to open them with a screw driver and steal your stuff.

I had two of my demos broken into and probably $5,000 in stuff stolen. Unfortunately, this was a mistake by Ford, and it's known by every thief in the world. If you own one of these vehicles, I promise you it's only a matter of time unless you fix the locks.
Forever Fishing
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Forever Fishing »

Mr. hereford.. that totally sucks and I hope they catch the MF who ripped you off. Times are tough for everyone but that's no excuse to rip people off. Sorry for you and your loss.

jyaklin wrote:If you have a Ford F250, F350, or excursion between years 2000-2005, you should seriously take it and have the locks replaced.

Two seconds is all it takes for a thief to open them with a screw driver and steal your stuff.

I had two of my demos broken into and probably $5,000 in stuff stolen. Unfortunately, this was a mistake by Ford, and it's known by every thief in the world. If you own one of these vehicles, I promise you it's only a matter of time unless you fix the locks.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Kingz
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Kingz »

Sorry bout your w/end, thats terrible. Curious as to where your truck was parked. Which "Marina"? Maybe prevent myself or someone else from experiencing the same thing. Thanks...G
Dlcole

Post by Dlcole »

Real bad bummer...I have a 2003 Silverado CrewCab and the back doors have a nasty habit of not locking with the remote...I don't find it until I have some reason to pull on the handles...it's happened twice in the last 15 months. It's at the dealer now getting fixed. Nice quality GM puts into their repair parts...not the only thing that's needed repairing multiple times in 5 years of ownership.

:evil:

Again, which Marina? I'm going to be in Aransas/Rockport this coming weekend and want to avoid that place, for sure.
CptSavAMullet
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CptSavAMullet »

jyaklin wrote:If you have a Ford F250, F350, or excursion between years 2000-2005, you should seriously take it and have the locks replaced.

Dont' forget about "Dodges" they do the same thing
hereford

Post by hereford »

I was parked at the end of the park just past the ferry landing on the left.
The main Port Aransas Marina was on the right.

There were families fishing all around, but it happened anyway.
mickeyd

Marina

Post by mickeyd »

So you were over at Port A and not the Lighthouse Lakes?
PA Yakker

Post by PA Yakker »

hereford wrote:I was parked at the end of the park just past the ferry landing on the left.
The main Port Aransas Marina was on the right.

There were families fishing all around, but it happened anyway.
Sounds like you were at Roberts Point Park here in Port A. Sorry to hear about your loss. There has been an increase in breakins here in the last few weeks. Hopefully when we get our new police chief in place the PD will take a more aggressive approach to catching the "trash" who commit these crimes. Best advice is don't leave anything of value in your truck where someone can see it. Hope it doesn't turn you off from fishing.
Bluffer
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Bluffer »

I never leave anything valuble in my truck when im out yak fishing. even take my CD player faceplate with me. Never been broke into.
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

ya ever since I watched my buddies truck get broken into and we could do nothing about it ( we were pretty far out) i leave nothing in my car not even an empty box or anything..he didnt brake into my santa fe because it was clear there was nothing in it but not for my friend. Hope you get em it really sucks that we have to worry about stuff like this.
Big Perm
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Big Perm »

sorry to hear about that
Sharkn' Larry
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Sharkn' Larry »

Burns me up every time I here about somebody getting there stuff broke into. Those bums need to get a real job and quit stealing stuff so they can buy their drugs. They can at least work for the right to fry their brains. Sorry to here they got you.
Flyfisher
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Flyfisher »

I never take more with me than I can put on my kayak and never leave anything in my truck. I recently put a Tuffy lock box in the back of my FJ Cruiser to keep things secure in town.

Ray
MONSTER
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by MONSTER »

I am so sick and tired of all the scumbags out there. I hope you get your gear back, and I hope this trash what's coming to them. We need to start setting up some sting operations.
davewave12

Post by davewave12 »

Sorry to hear about the break-in. My 2003 F-150 was broken into exactly the same way in the Aldine area on Nov 1. My bow with all accessories and brand new high end cell phone were stolen. Just leaves you feeling violated. I cook up all those revenge scenarios in my head, like leaving a bunch of valuables in the front seat in plain view, while hiding in the back seat with my 357, but in the end it is only wasted mental energy.
redman101

Post by redman101 »

:evil: Gosh nabbit, it burns me up when I hear that stuff happening! Sorry to hear about your break in hereford,,,,, before I started kayak fishing I used to bank fish alot. I had a local spot that I frequented but I had to walk over this levee from where I parked my Dodge Caravan. My daughter played soccer and I was a coach, I would always leave the equipment bag (6-8 soccer balls, orange cones, etc) in the back of the van. I was fishing minding my own business and heard a loud noise like a window being broken from a car crash! I instinctly ran over the levee and saw these 4 punks hurling a brick into my van rear window trying to get at the soccer equipment. I yelled "HEY!!!" and they took off running in two different directions, I was alot younger and faster (soccer coach benefits) and chased one of the punks down. I called the cops and found out he was a 15 year old juvenile delinquent that was on probation for some other petty crime. I was very dissapointed in the police dept. when they let him go and didn't even bother calling his parents. It cost me $500 bucks to replace the broken window, I feel your pain brother!!!!
GatorYak

Post by GatorYak »

:cry: :cry: Sad! The moral fibre has really declined since I was a kid! Sorry for your loss and I hope you find the stuff. The characters that did this; I hope their hands fall off! :shock: :shock:
deluna-tic
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by deluna-tic »

:evil: sorry to hear about this,
capnsam5577

Post by capnsam5577 »

Yeah that totally sucks. I think I've been really lucky at lighthouse and B&R. I've accidentally left truck unlocked a couple of times and still never been ripped off. I'll definitely be more careful in the future. Hope they catch the thief or thieves and give them some proper punishment.
Black Dog

Post by Black Dog »