Going Coastal...

fishin'
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Going Coastal...

Post by fishin' »

:D Isn't this site great!!
Who all is going to be coastal weekend of 6-28?
Will we be planning on meeting up or fishing together while there?
I'll be going down on afternoon Friday. May have a third fisherman with us. He will need a yak. Anyone know what time Slowride would be open for a rental?
Lets make some plans. :lol:
Hook'em
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Hook'em »

Slowride is ready as early as needed. He will even drop the yak off at LHL or BR.

I may be down that weekend, but not sure. Definately hook-up if down there. Maybe we can all meet for dinner too. I am leaving this afternoon for Rockport. Putting in a sprinkler system tomorrow, but fishing after that. If the weather holds, I may hit the flats overnight with the fast rising tide and full moon. May not catch anything, but it sure sound cool.
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

I will certainly be down there. I am going early Fri AM so I can fish Friday, Sat, Sun, and Mon before heading back.

I was thinking we could all meet up for cold cervazas one evening (Fri or Sat) and plan out a trip for the next AM. I am planning on working LHL Fri AM. After that I have tons places I would like to try but I have no plans for the other 3 days except of course catching lots of fish!!!. And if i find fish in LHL, I may fish there the whole weekend.

I also ordered a new 8wt rod and it might be here by the time. Fellow TKFer Barry is going to build me a custom rod. I am stoked!!!! I looked all over at the different rods. I had narrowed it down to a Sage LE, the Orvis Clearwater, the Temple Forks SW, or a Barry Custom. They are all entry-level rods and all fit in the $150-$200 range. I decided to try Barry's custom rod after several folks spoke very highly of his rods. You get the lifetime warranty on the blanks and Barry guarantees his work as well.

I have completed my Novice level Bill harvey class and i have completed my 8wt rig. Now its "going Coastal" time.

I like that phrase i coined!!!!!!!! I think I am gonna design a t-shirt, sell em by the thousands and retire to Port A!!!!!!!!!

later folks..........
jmp
fishin'
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by fishin' »

:P Now you're talkin' Joe. Sell the shirts at the Snocone Stand!!! :P

We definitely need to hook up down there.