Concho fish.

QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

hey mike, how is that hole on mineral wells road?...I saw a banded pintail drake fly by my windshield there one morning headed to the Cleere place...
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

lots of presure on that little hole. What you see from the road/park is it for that one is real small. If you go up there is alot of pulling and alot of houses on that part and most fish it. Down is what I do thats a small hole as well go over the damm and it some pulling and lost of small pools to fish and few houses on the river. Shoes and long pants are almost a must.
Mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

figured it was really pressured with it so easily accesible I might do some looking this week..... hows the fishing by River Ranch Estates?....under that bridge that goes to Knickerbocker(I think)
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

You could drive right up to the river but it has been blocked off on the east side long drag and no place to park. West side has a fence and lots of brush. On the north side of the road is a small pool that is good south side of the road has one of the larger pools on the river and its good just hard to get there now. I fished it alot the last few years but only once this year and that was coming down from mineral wells road. If you want to go out one night this week let me know I get off work at 3 every day.
Mike
mloving

Post by mloving »

I flyfished the concho yesterday. put in at the bell street ramp and paddled down to the water treatment plant. the bluegills tore up a little yellow popper i got at gander mountain in lubbock. probably caught a dozen or so. the bass were jumping but not interested in anything i threw. mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

alright, will do.... what's the hunting grounds looking like right now?

I'm gonna get the hunting map from the park police and do some scouting soon I hope
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

The north pool has dropped by about 4 foot in the last month.had some good looking spots that are now high and dry need lots of rain. There isstill about eight foot of water on the shouth pool were you had that one blind on the side of the river.
Mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

I found some good places back in the weeds that would be great if they were wet, would be good yak hunting spots....

that reminds me, what happened to the blind?..... kiddo aws born and dint get back out there.....OOPS. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
MWS65

Post by MWS65 »

Should still be there some place might have moved some in the flooding but never no.
Mike
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

it either flooded or rusted all away by now..... we were having some problems with it when we used it last......our welding wasn't quite up to par.... :? :oops:

may have to go find what's left.....