fish and yakking locations

wanomad

fish and yakking locations

Post by wanomad »

Hi yakkers.
I will be heading west after I give my nephew some yakkin lessons next weekend near Dallas. I am full time rv traveler. Where are the best areas to play and fish between Dallas and Odessa +/-?
Camping Yakker

Best Places

Post by Camping Yakker »

Hey Texas Nomad, welcome to the forum. There is a small lake here in Big Spring called Moss Lake, that they have been stocking a little every year. Havent fished any up here as I am used to saltwater but with the new tkf chapter in w. texas, I will have the opportunity to learn. I too have and Rv, but do not full time. We were doing about 6 mths of the year till gas got so high. Will probably head out in Jan to Quartzsite and then to California and west coast. Get up this way, give me a shout. I have a cobra fnd and a cobra triple.
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

Lake Colorado City in C-City , Ft Phantom Hill in Abilene , Sweetwater Lake in Sweetwater......check TPWD ... here is the Panhandle Plains lake map..... http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat/fi ... anhd.phtml

or come out to San Angelo, I can hook you up on some paddlin' areas
RPB
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by RPB »

Thanks for that link, My dad and I go to Lubbock to see relatives, had a family reunion in Garden City and stayed in San Angelo last year, year before that we stayed in Sweetwater, next year the reunion will be in Abilene .... looking forward to exploring new waters
QuakKillz
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by QuakKillz »

RPB wrote:Thanks for that link, My dad and I go to Lubbock to see relatives, had a family reunion in Garden City and stayed in San Angelo last year, year before that we stayed in Sweetwater, next year the reunion will be in Abilene .... looking forward to exploring new waters
look any of us San Angelo/Abilene guys up when you're out here....I love to get out on the water!