stop the tackle maddddnessss

Justin_Time
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Justin_Time »

The kind folks that work at the Academy close to my work (290) know me... I head over there some days during lunch just to look around. It seems I always leave with something even though I am just "looking". I don't even want to know how much I have spent in that store alone.

I am actually headed that way now. I need to pick up a check-it stick for the S & S online photo tourney that starts Friday.

I might pick up a few bags of the TTF Killer Shrimp while I am there as well. 8)
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

WATER HOG wrote: Fla Fish , fishing show . thats just not fair ! 8)
Check it out
Want me to pick you up anything :roll: :roll: :lol:

http://www.houstonfishingshow.com/

http://www.Flounderpounder.net

Will be there. You really need some of his stuff :shock: :shock: :lol:
Buckeev
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Buckeev »

Well WaterHog.....never mind...On the advice of my attorney...No comment. :oops:
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

Fla Fish , you are the devil in a fishing kayak . more lures .I checked out the links , holy mother of fishing lures . way to cool .
:shock: :D :D
CowboyFan
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by CowboyFan »

Man, those lures are an investment.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

My name is Yaklash and I'm a Lure-a-holic.

WH,

That's not bad. What's bad (though it is cheaper) is buying soft plastics by the hundred - straight from the Mfr. I've bought 100 packs of my 6 favorite colors of Saltwater Assassins. I don't know for sure but I must have at least 150 topwater lures. I've been amassing topwaters since the late 80s and I have thrown away maybe 5 in that time. Put hundreds of sets of new treble hooks on them over the years. I have a separate box with about 40 Corkys. A separate box with about 30 crankbaits. I do not have as many spinner baits as you but I have 30-40 spoons.

That's not even getting to my Freshwater box.
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

[quote="Yaklash"]My name is Yaklash and I'm a Lure-a-holic.

YES I would have to say you have a luring problem .

I can see this now M.A.L.B. Mothers aginst lure buying :roll: :D

And yes I too am a LURE-A-HOLIC and this is my story .

I have been on the wagon for over a year now -- I have had the urge to cross the fence, jump ship, Take just one hit , ever since this GISP event started taking shape , I resisted the urge & tempation as best as I could , but the hunger for lures has over taken & beaten my fighting urge to resist ,I know i have let my selfish infatuation lure craving shameless wantings take over , BUT I JUST CAN'T HELP MYSELP ! :D :D Im not a strong man . please help me -------------please :D
RandallW20
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by RandallW20 »

:shock:
Seems we need to have monthly or weekly meetings to help each other get over our addictions. Maybe it will involve fishing, and we can loose a few lures to lower our tackle count :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

RandallW20 wrote::shock:
Seems we need to have monthly or weekly meetings to help each other get over our addictions. Maybe it will involve fishing, and we can loose a few lures to lower our tackle count :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
While I think a group therapy effort could be a good thing (I think they call it a "tackle swap") I will not support any efforts to implement a 12-step program (that's just too many things to remember).
Carolinajoe

Post by Carolinajoe »

Worse than that finding a bin at a big box store where all bags were a penny a piece, I spent $5 bucks.... :shock: I have some off these that I havent even seen
double dip
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by double dip »

I got it bad. Here's some lures from long ago. And the rack only has about a third of what I own. :oops: :oops:

RandallW20
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by RandallW20 »

:shock: Dang DD, you need some help getting rid of some of that???? :D
anzuelo

Post by anzuelo »

Your next step should be fly tying.

I did about four years ago and feel at times that I should go to a Fly Tyers Anonymous meeting to "dry out" from this madness.

Oh and I have a bunch of soft plastics and hardbaits too.
RandallW20
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by RandallW20 »

:shock: Oh GOD!!!!!
NEVER, I repeat NEVER get into fly tying. You will be screwed for life and look at every piece of junk or trash as "what can I tye with this"
You ever been driving down the road and see a dead animal on the side w/ guts hanging out and blood all over the place w/ and awful stench? Once you get into fly tying it will look like God sent you free tying material from heaven and you'll do what ever it takes to get it.... :shock:
DON"T GET INTO FLY TYING
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

RandallW20 wrote::shock: Oh GOD!!!!!
NEVER, I repeat NEVER get into fly tying. You will be screwed for life and look at every piece of junk or trash as "what can I tye with this"
You ever been driving down the road and see a dead animal on the side w/ guts hanging out and blood all over the place w/ and awful stench? Once you get into fly tying it will look like God sent you free tying material from heaven and you'll do what ever it takes to get it.... :shock:
DON"T GET INTO FLY TYING
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fla-Fish
TKF 8000 Club
TKF 8000 Club

Post by Fla-Fish »

WATER HOG wrote:Fla Fish , you are the devil in a fishing kayak . more lures .I checked out the links , holy mother of fishing lures . way to cool .
:shock: :D :D
If you want me to pick you up some let me know :roll: :roll: :lol:

We had Phil from FlounderPounder at our last TKF NW Chapter meeting
and he really knows his stuff. He said Flounder are the easiest fish to catch.

DD I don't feel so bad now. I am starting to go through all my stuff
in the garage and organize them. Back when Oshmans and Sports Authority were merging they had tons of plastics at $.88 a bag.
I bought dozens of them. And they had Mann's Baby -- for $1.88. I must have 40-50 of them.
And freshwater and big offshore Smack and King trolling lures.
JPChavez
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by JPChavez »

DON"T GET INTO FLY TYING
Thanks for the warning but it's too late for me. I wish someone would have told me this earlier.:evil:
Carolinajoe

Post by Carolinajoe »

DON"T GET INTO FLY TYING

LMAO!! I got a buddy, and I wouldnt put it past that guy to do just that!!
Pink Lady

Post by Pink Lady »

double dip wrote:I got it bad. Here's some lures from long ago. And the rack only has about a third of what I own. :oops: :oops:

No wonder he was outside in the garage all day!!! He had to show off his "collection" I knew he had alot but......
OVERRUN

Post by OVERRUN »

Word of Warning, do not look at reels or any other tackle on Ebay!!! :shock: I was just interigated about some suspicious PayPal charges on our bill. I figure the wife is going to put a block on our computer so I can't access Ebay anymore. It was only 4 reels this month, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. :roll:
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

FLA FISH , surprise me . pick me up something I have an extra $50.oo
so hook ah Brotha up -- If you need some coin call me .I trust you ! :wink:
WATER HOG
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by WATER HOG »

double dip, just so ya know i atleast know that those lures work better without all that packaging on them ---gee wizzee . :roll:

we all have a problem ---looks like a swap meet is in order ! :D or alot of fishing :roll:
picaroon
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by picaroon »

I thought I weas the only one...........
double dip
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by double dip »

WATER HOG wrote:double dip, just so ya know i atleast know that those lures work better without all that packaging on them ---gee wizzee . :roll:

we all have a problem ---looks like a swap meet is in order ! :D or alot of fishing :roll:
Yeah..... But I already have too many unwrapped. And they might be worth something someday! :lol: :lol:
RandallW20
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by RandallW20 »

double dip wrote:
WATER HOG wrote:double dip, just so ya know i atleast know that those lures work better without all that packaging on them ---gee wizzee . :roll:

Yeah..... But I already have too many unwrapped. And they might be worth something someday! :lol: :lol:
They are worth something to me NOW!!! :lol: