For those who like to wade

REDline
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

For those who like to wade

Post by REDline »

...actually, I guess this could work for anyone. Pool Noodle!

Not my idea, but a good one. Just thought I would share. Most of the time, I dont even use a net, but on tourney day, I dont take chances. This keeps your net up off the grass a little better.

preacherman
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by preacherman »

Smart idea. :wink:
deluna-tic
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by deluna-tic »

nice . . . quick and easy!
Night Wing
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Night Wing »

That landing net was my first landing net I bought for wading. That's a cool idea and wished I thought of it. I almost lost my landing net, but that cork handle doesn't float that net very good all by itself.
Izzy
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Izzy »

After losing a expensive net, I bought a good cheap one then filled the handle with pieces of pool noodles and packed it full. It totally foats with out any visual reminder of the pool noodle.
Yaklash
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Yaklash »

That is a trick friends and I have been doing for some time except we do it a little differently (don't have any pics with me). We use the type of floats they put on stringer s and use one on each end. The float on the ring of the net has to be put on after taking half the netting off of the net, which involves removing the handle, so it has to be a net that can be taken apart. The other float goes onto the handle shaft and I've had to route out the inside of the hole thru the float to make it fit.

This keeps your net completely on the top of the water which not only keeps it out of the grass and off of shell in all but the shallowest water, but makes it very handy when you need to get your hands on it quickly. It's a lot easier to play a fish around things on the surface where you can see them than when they are submerged and it only took losing one big trout at hand before I started doing this to my nets.
ElGalloLoco

Post by ElGalloLoco »

i did the same as REDline but i used the foam for pvc pipes (stuff you use to protect your pipes in the winter) and placed it where REDline's net is not covered and left the protion he covered uncovered. like he said, works well and your handle is always afloat.
BullyARed
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: For those who like to wade

Post by BullyARed »

Good idea to keep it float, but scoop up the fish will be another technique. My net is float and I just painted it neon yellow.
sherwood

Post by sherwood »

For my wading net, I used some canned foam insulation in the hollow aluminum handle. Worked like a charm. :D