Kayak Kingfish Roundup 2007.. This Saturday

DelSol
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by DelSol »

NOAA wrote:SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 KNOTS. SEAS 3 FEET. A CHANCE
OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.
I might just come to visit and not fish if the waves and weather are going to be crappy.
My Fishing Buddy
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by My Fishing Buddy »

Sure wish I could join you guys. I have to go out of town. Best of luck to everyone. Be safe. Post pictures and see you all Tuesday night.
YakinFool

Post by YakinFool »

Good luck everyone! I had a blast last year at this event even with the big seas... not gonna make it this year but I'm looking forward to hearing the results.
rod holder

Post by rod holder »

Since I can't make it, the waves will prolly be about 1 foot... That's been my luck lately. I hope a gafftop doesn't get a prize this year. Good luck to all :!: . post pics and stories asap :wink:
AggieTwist

Post by AggieTwist »

A nice looking 26" speck won it this year. Fishing wasn't all that great and most of us didn't get a single bite but I still had a good time with everyone that went. My first saltwater kayakfishing outing and I'm hooked now...look forward to going out for reds or shark with some of yall in the future.
galvbay

Post by galvbay »

Someone post some pics please. gb
Jay Brooks

Post by Jay Brooks »

MythMan took several pics but a lot of the guys went out today again, I’m sure you will have your pics tonight.

Hey I won second with a gafftop! I still felt bad about it. Crazyyak caught several lady fish, rat reds, and a few trout. Others had flounder 2lb, but nothing else major. No one could locate quality fish besides Smile Doc with his very nice trout.

The seas were 3-4 the day before and made great practice on surfing the yak, thanks tj. I believe Crazy Yak and Alton went out about a mile during the tournament but came in later.

I would like to thank TJ for the event, and hope that he has it next year but lets some one else pic the date. And thank MythMan for putting us on "a" fish! haha :shock: :D
Crazy Yak
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Crazy Yak »

Despite the weather this was still a good event. Days like yesterday really make you appreciate the good days. Alton and I paddled out about 1.3 miles while trolling lures and bait in 4-5 foot seas only to find a minor (sandy green) color change. The 4th break was about 7 foot going out--it was an extremely tough day for kayaking offshore. There were no signs of fish or bait either.

The 26" Trout Smiledoc caught would make any Bay Fisherman jealous! Count me in for next year, eventually the weather will cooperate!
rod holder

Post by rod holder »

PlasticPirate wrote:
The seas were 3-4 the day before and made great practice on surfing the yak, thanks tj.

TJ is a pro when it comes to turning a yak into a surfboard :) He has a lot of experience, and I learned much from him last year while playing in the surf. it's too bad for me that I couldn't come play this year :cry:
Mont

Post by Mont »

the beach was in the worst shape I have ever seen, but the company was good. There was no way I was going in the surf, either wading or yakking. I tore up a nice paddle a couple years back doing that and didn't want to make the same mistake again. Here's a few pics of camp. I took off early Saturday to dodge the t-storms and did real good until I crossed the Causeway. Thanks to TJ for putting it together.
Attachments
sunrise1.jpg
sunrise1.jpg (40.9 KiB) Viewed 254 times
sunrise2.jpg
sunrise2.jpg (32.97 KiB) Viewed 254 times
rig.jpg
rig.jpg (19.91 KiB) Viewed 254 times
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

Mont wrote:the beach was in the worst shape I have ever seen, but the company was good. There was no way I was going in the surf, either wading or yakking. I tore up a nice paddle a couple years back doing that and didn't want to make the same mistake again. Here's a few pics of camp. I took off early Saturday to dodge the t-storms and did real good until I crossed the Causeway. Thanks to TJ for putting it together.

Good to see you again Mont, we never got hit with rain on saturday. Think we were the only ones that got lucky.