Lost my fishing license.

T-Bart

Lost my fishing license.

Post by T-Bart »

Lost my wallet with my fishing license. Question: Do I have to buy a new license, or can I just get a replacement at no charge?
osoobsessed
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by osoobsessed »

i think they can look you up in the system to verify you did actually have one to begin with, then they can give you another for a small "replacement" fee...i think...
Fubar
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Fubar »

you've got to pay a little fee.

fill this out and send it in.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publication ... se_app.pdf
fryemup
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

I just walked into the nearest Wally world

Post by fryemup »

and said I lost it. I think its 5.00 for a replacement. They printed me a new one right there using my DL.
T-Bart

Post by T-Bart »

I just got a reply from TPWD. I go to Academy (or other licensing agent) and fill out a replacement form, pay 10 bucks, and they print me out a new one.
double dip
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by double dip »

T-Bart wrote:I just got a reply from TPWD. I go to Academy (or other licensing agent) and fill out a replacement form, pay 10 bucks, and they print me out a new one.

Been there--- Done that. At Academy too.

DD
jeepmanmike
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by jeepmanmike »

Man I am glad you asked this question I have been fishing for the last 2 months without my license.Figured it would pop up soon and there was no way I was going to pat 57 bucks again. I will make the trip to academy for my replacement super combo.
dwilliams35
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by dwilliams35 »

why bother? you can just give them your DL and they can bring up whether you're licensed, what stamps you have, etc.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

dwilliams35 wrote:why bother? you can just give them your DL and they can bring up whether you're licensed, what stamps you have, etc.

Give who you DL? If you do not have a licensed when a warden stops you, good chance you will get a ticket.
txredfisherman18

Post by txredfisherman18 »

I had the same problem i lost my liscense and i went to academy and they told me they couldnt replace the resident all water and that i had to go to the TPWD office off of bear rd. i was pretty upset bc i stood in line for a long time.
DPG

Post by DPG »

Jolly Roger wrote:
dwilliams35 wrote:why bother? you can just give them your DL and they can bring up whether you're licensed, what stamps you have, etc.

Give who you DL? If you do not have a licensed when a warden stops you, good chance you will get a ticket.

He is right. You will not get a ticket if you can prove that you have a license. They can look it up with your driver's license number.

If you do not have ID you will be issued a ticket. This ticket will later be dismissed when you provide TPWD with information proving that you were properly licensed at the time of ticketing.
Barnacle Bill
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Barnacle Bill »

DPG wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:

He is right. You will not get a ticket if you can prove that you have a license. They can look it up with your driver's license number.

If you do not have ID you will be issued a ticket. This ticket will later be dismissed when you provide TPWD with information proving that you were properly licensed at the time of ticketing.

Very true, but you will still be charged a "court fee".... $30 according to my buddy at TPWD who happens to be a "she" and is the asst chief in charge of that area...
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

DPG wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:

I am friends with a few wardens and feds, they have no way of checking to see if you have bought a license. The law is clear, you must have a license on your person with an ID. The Fed guy on the beach during the winter does most of the stops. He is there for duck season, but also will check fishing licenses. Do not count on the wardens having a way to run your DL.

The machines they use to run DLs do not work in 90% of the areas I fish even if they did have them .
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

Besides, even if you can get it dismissed, that's a hassle, not worth it.
DPG

Post by DPG »

My friend seems to always forget his license. In the past two years we have been checked six times. Four time my friend did not have his license. After he presented his Texas Driver's License, the TPWD warden was able to find out if he had a license within a minute.
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

See JR's post above. It doesn't always work, depends on where you are checked and whether the computer is down.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

DPG wrote:My friend seems to always forget his license. In the past two years we have been checked six times. Four time my friend did not have his license. After he presented his Texas Driver's License, the TPWD warden was able to find out if he had a license within a minute.

I do not believe that the data base is that easy to access. I am going to ask.

If they do have a maintained data base, with gear to check peoples DL, and cost for the system. I am going to be pissed. Why waste all that money when the law clearly states that you must have a License on you with a ID. Why go through the cost of having a method to check a DL on game wardens when all they have to do is radio a cop if they feel the need.
dwilliams35
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by dwilliams35 »

There was one time a couple of years ago in Freer where we got checked: I had been "cleaning out" my wallet and accidentally ended up sticking my old license in there instead of my new one. The game warden radioed in my DL number, and it came back within about fifteen seconds that I had a valid super combo. He gave me my DL back and sent me on my way.
greyloon
TKF 9000 Club
TKF 9000 Club

Post by greyloon »

The safest way to go is not to fish if you have either left or lost the license. I know its difficult, but the world won't come to an end if you miss one day of fishing.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

dwilliams35 wrote:There was one time a couple of years ago in Freer where we got checked: I had been "cleaning out" my wallet and accidentally ended up sticking my old license in there instead of my new one. The game warden radioed in my DL number, and it came back within about fifteen seconds that I had a valid super combo. He gave me my DL back and sent me on my way.

Am I the only one that sees this as a waste of TPWD money. The law is clear, why should they even bother to check. For them to be able to check they have to have an updated system, methods, and people. This all cost loads of money that would be better spent on parks. Warden's should write people tickets that can not keep up with there license.

Not picking on you dwilliams35, just seems like a waste of money.
DPG

Post by DPG »

Forgot your license?

§ 46.015. PENALTY. (a) A person who violates a provision
of this subchapter or, except as provided by Subsection (b) of this
section, who fails or refuses to show an officer his license or tag
on the request of the officer commits an offense that is a Class C
Parks and Wildlife Code misdemeanor.
(b) If on or before the trial of any person charged with the
failure or refusal to show an officer a license or tag issued under
this subchapter, the person produces for the court or the
prosecuting attorney the proper fishing license or tag issued to
the person and valid at the time of the offense, the court having
jurisdiction of the suit shall dismiss the charge.

Acts 1975, 64th Leg., p. 1405, ch. 545, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1975.
Amended by Acts 1979, 66th Leg., p. 810, ch. 368, § 1, eff. Aug.
27, 1979; Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 267, art. 3, § 31, eff. Sept.
1, 1985; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 457, § 2, eff. Sept. 1, 1993.

Lost your license?

§ 46.006. DUPLICATE LICENSE OR TAG. (a) If a license
issued under this subchapter is lost or destroyed, a license deputy
may issue a duplicate license on application of the license holder
and receipt of $5 or an amount set by the commission, whichever
amount is more. If a tag issued under this subchapter is lost or
destroyed, a license deputy may issue a duplicate tag on
application of the tag holder and payment of a fee set by the
commission under Section 46.0045 of this code.
(b) The application for a duplicate license or tag must be
an affidavit containing:
(1) a statement of fact concerning the loss or
destruction of the license or tag; and
(2) any other information which the commission by
regulation may prescribe as necessary.
(c) Repealed by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 931, § 80, eff.
June 16, 1995.

Acts 1975, 64th Leg., p. 1405, ch. 545, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1975.
Amended by Acts 1983, 68th Leg., p. 1332, ch. 277, § 22, eff.
Sept. 1, 1983; Acts 1985, 69th Leg., ch. 267, art. 2, § 33, eff.
Sept. 1, 1985; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 457, § 2, eff. Sept. 1,
1993; Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 838, § 23, eff. Sept. 1, 1993;
Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 931, § 53, 80, eff. June 16, 1995.
Jolly Roger
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Jolly Roger »

"who fails or refuses to show an officer his license or tag
on the request of the officer commits an offense that is a Class C
Parks and Wildlife Code misdemeanor. "

That is very clear, and leaves no room for error.
Paddle4Fish

Post by Paddle4Fish »

I once forgot my fishing license on a friend boat up a creek up in Livingston. Game warden stop us I gave him my DL he couldn't look it up because he couldn't radio it in to check so I ended up getting the citation and had to show them my fishing license and pay court cost to dismiss it. The radio couldn't get a good reception to check so it best is just have it on you.
isubarui
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by isubarui »

Jolly Roger wrote:
dwilliams35 wrote:There was one time a couple of years ago in Freer where we got checked: I had been "cleaning out" my wallet and accidentally ended up sticking my old license in there instead of my new one. The game warden radioed in my DL number, and it came back within about fifteen seconds that I had a valid super combo. He gave me my DL back and sent me on my way.

Am I the only one that sees this as a waste of TPWD money. The law is clear, why should they even bother to check. For them to be able to check they have to have an updated system, methods, and people. This all cost loads of money that would be better spent on parks. Warden's should write people tickets that can not keep up with there license.

Not picking on you dwilliams35, just seems like a waste of money.

He said they radioed in his DL number so it isnt like the wardens are driving around with a computer in their car accessing a data base over satellite. They are probably just accessing the data base that is used to store the information when you buy a liscense. How many people hunt and fish in Texas? They cant keep everything on paper so why not just get more use out of the computer system they already have?
pitontheprowl
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by pitontheprowl »

I am with JR on this one! Them looking anything up is B/S!
There are tags on your license for a reason and if you don't have said license how do you use tags?
Get caught hunting without your license and see what happens. :wink: