April 17th Fly IN

Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

April 17th Fly IN

Post by Barry »

This is to verify that the Fly In is still being held on April 17th in AP.. The only change is the location. It's been moved to the Neptune Motel (about 3 blocks south of slowrides on the right side of the street) because of a schedual conflict. Come on down if you can make it, cause it's going to be great.
fishin'
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by fishin' »

Really enjoyed the weekend and touring at the Neptune. That is going to be a great place to hold the Fly In. Really looking forward to the gathering on April 17th.

fishin'
popasan

Post by popasan »

i also had a great time this weekend and i am really looking forward to the "Fly In" on April 17th......i believe the Neptune Motel is going to be a great place for the get together.....

Larry
Clip

Post by Clip »

Dr. Bill Harvey and Capt. Dean Thomas of Slowride Guide Services are teaming up to offer a unique educational saltwater fishing experience. It is three days of indoor and on-the-water sessions in Aransas Pass, Tx.

The dates are April 16, 17, and 18 and the classses will be held at Slowride's Kayak Shack in Aransas Pass. Call 361-758-0463 to reserve your spot today.

the fly-in has been rescheduled to april 3rd.

Has the fly-in been rescheduled?
popasan

Post by popasan »

Clip

the Fly In date has not changed......see Barry's post above......

Larry
Animal Chris
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by Animal Chris »

Clip, just think of the party portion of the "Fly In" as having to stay after school for cutting up in class.
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Clip wrote:
Dr. Bill Harvey and Capt. Dean Thomas of Slowride Guide Services are teaming up to offer a unique educational saltwater fishing experience. It is three days of indoor and on-the-water sessions in Aransas Pass, Tx.

The dates are April 16, 17, and 18 and the classses will be held at Slowride's Kayak Shack in Aransas Pass. Call 361-758-0463 to reserve your spot today.

the fly-in has been rescheduled to april 3rd.

Has the fly-in been rescheduled?

Clip
Because of the above schedual conflict we had to move the Fly In to the Neptune Motel (which is about 3 blocks south of slowrides on the right side of the street). We have secured a room that we can set up all the vises and material in. There is also plenty of room for the casting part of the event. To sum it up, Same Date-Different Location.
Tencast--

Post by Tencast-- »

Hey I found my way here !!!!

OK so the Neptune is the place. What are the rates here and is everybody staying here or are some staying at other locations? The reason I ask is I'm having to do this trip on the cheap (ie maybe staying on the beach) so If there is a deal going on I'd very much like to know about it.

Thanks,

Tencast--
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

Tencast-- wrote:Hey I found my way here !!!!

OK so the Neptune is the place. What are the rates here and is everybody staying here or are some staying at other locations?
Tencast--

David
As far as I know some people are staying at the Neptune. I think they are booked up for that weekend. The phone number is 361-758-3766
Tencast--

Post by Tencast-- »

Are all these places pretty close to the water? I'm really thinking of staying in my truck on the beach. Is this a pretty safe area?

Boy howdy do I sound like a frady cat of what :O)

Tencast--
GoinCoastal
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club
Location: Austin & AransasPass/ Wilderness Systems, Columbia Sportswear, & TFO Rods Pro Staff

Post by GoinCoastal »

Neptune is booked....

The Sea Breeze (361-758-3041) is right across the street. I don't know if they have any vacancies or not.

There are spots left at Goose Island State Park which is about 20 minutes north. I made tent site reservations there for myself. I plan to fish either StCharles/Cavasso Creek or Copano that weekend. I plan on fishing Sat & Sun mornings.

Can't wait to get down there......
Blindcasting
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Blindcasting »

Joe - I'll believe you'll be there when I see it. :D

Let me know if you want some fishing company either morning. I've been wanting to fish Cavasso for a few years.
popasan

Post by popasan »

Joe,

glad your planning on making it down......you need to pick up your name tag from Dean, i am getting tired of picking it out of the trash with the used cactus juice bottles.....the things these guys do to your name tag when you don't show up, is.......well......lets just say bad......... :D

see ya next month......

Larry
Tencast--

Post by Tencast-- »

I think I'm gonna head down there on Thursday. I'll take all the company I can get. I'd like to fish Thursday evening if anybody is around. Yahoo maps puts it at an 8 hour drive. So I should be in around 2. As it gets closer I'll post my cell phone number in case anyone wants to head out.

Tencast--
Barry
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Barry »

popasan wrote:Joe,

glad your planning on making it down......you need to pick up your name tag from Dean, i am getting tired of picking it out of the trash with the used cactus juice bottles.....the things these guys do to your name tag when you don't show up, is.......well......lets just say bad......... :D

see ya next month......

Larry

Hey Joe
I tried to stop them, but they overpowered me!!!!!!!!!!! (LOL)