Speckled Sunday

How many people have caught trout over 30 inches?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:21 pm

I have
16%
I have not but wish I could
84%

Total votes: 89

Bear

Post by Bear »

Three years ago on Good Friday I caught a 21" keeper red & 5 trout the red was the smallest fish on the stringer Trout 1-25" 1-26" 2-27" & 1-28".
All caught on soft plastic in a spot the size of a Pickup Truck. The next weekend I went back & caught 1 -30" trout, she was a beauty & fat so I let her go.

I showed the stringer to some friends and stated that it will be a long time before they will ever see a stringer like that since the 1-25" trout limit will soon come in effect.

The sad part of this story is that the thin trout had eggs in them, if I would of known that I would of let them go but the BUBA came over me, and I still regret to this day keeping them. The 30" trout, I know had eggs in her so I let her go.
nopotlickin

Post by nopotlickin »

I have a half dozen over 28" the biggest being 29 1/2". Close, but not quite.
Barnacle Brain
Location: Tomball,You can take the boy outta Fla but you can't take Fla outta the boy

Post by Barnacle Brain »

2002, Out of (50 year old)aluminum jon boat near Bird island basin. Heat of summer must've been 100 degrees. Anchored off the shore about 50 yards in a dark colored deep hole. Soaking a finger mullet that I caught in the cast net earlier that day. My brother had declined to soak anything in lew of throwing spoon and smoking cigars. I used his rod to soak mullet. I caught the single largest trout of my life 34 1/2". I have pix but not digital. Actually my wife carries it (the pix) on her purse in one of those window slots right next to pix of our son.
TomL

Post by TomL »

I haven't, but my step-mom has back 20 years or so ago off a long private dock in Port Mansfield. What an awesome fish!

It was a little over 31" long and well over 10 pounds. Pic caption says 1985, so I was 12 at the time and in complete shock when she caught it.

Good story behind it too...she was actually reeling in a dink trout which wasn't pulling much when all of the sudden her line took off! :shock: My dad started giving her a hard time and told her to just get her fish in so he could release it and get back to his pole.

The fish stayed down and nearly wrapped around the dock pilings and it wasn't for another 5 mintues before they saw that they were no longer reeling in a dink trout, but rather a monster that had eaten the dink trout and been hooked by the same hook the dink trout had in its mouth.

After we got it in, we took it to the local marina and they said this was the largest trout caught all year in the Port Mansfield area! 8)
Attachments
Kaye31InchTrout1985-1.JPG
Kaye31InchTrout1985-1.JPG (26.29 KiB) Viewed 3205 times
Kaye31InchTrout1985-2.JPG
Kaye31InchTrout1985-2.JPG (29.49 KiB) Viewed 3205 times