Where to fish?

Gone Yakin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Where to fish?

Post by Gone Yakin »

Hey guys,

Tired of hearing the same stuff over and over yet, lol? Well I got some great advice and some offers to go fishing since first posting here but have another ?. I enjoy the saltwater fishing but am also itching to hook some bass. A few people gave me some good ideas about the Neches River and such but I was wondering if anyone knows where a good place to go bass fishing this weekend is. Now remember I'm new to the area and don't know any drop in points or where many things are so the more descriptive the better. First place I took my kayak when I got it was Taylor's Bayou under the hiway and other than a lot of gators I didn't see squat. What about Taylor's off of Labell(sp) Rd, looked good when I was going to the dump. Anyways, thanks in advance to any advice and I'll see you at the next meeting. Ty
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by FishingSETX »

first thing I would need is how far are you willing to go to fish? I could name a ton of places in the silsbee area, or you might try dam-b or even Sam Rayburn. I've yet to try bass fishing from a yak (got mine last fall), but I plan on going this summer. I'm a salt water guy, but I used to bass fish AOLT and I grew up in silsbee, so that is why the closest places I know are there. I've yet to find any good places in the Beaumont/Mid-County area.
Gone Yakin
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Gone Yakin »

I don't mind driving to catch fish but I usually take the bass boat when I'm going somewhere like Rayburn, etc. I was kinda looking for closer places that I could run to on weekends of my day off and fish for a few hours. If anyone knows a few small spots like that I sure would like to give them a try.
justindfish

Post by justindfish »

Hey you need to drive to Orange and launch from Bluebirds or the new public ramp. Take 87 from Groves and when you get into Orange go straight through should be four light and then you dead end into the river and can go left or right that is Simmons Drive, take a left and a few hundred yards on your right will be the new public ramp then about a mile or two down will be Blue Birds ramp if you hit I10 you went to far. I think for bass you would be better off fishing Blue Birds it puts you directly in Blue Elbow swamp. There are alot of bass in that area, just fish all around in those cuts. IF you go left from the ramp in the cut that runs along the bank with the dock and follow that back it will bring you to square lake which is on the other side of I10 where they have the air boats that you see from the road. You need to stop me at school and I we can talk and I can show you around there. Will be there most of the day tomorrow and thursday.

ALSO THAT PART OF TOWN IS WERE THE REALLY LOWER CLASS LIVE IN ORANGE DON'T BE THERE AT NIGHT BUT IT IS OK IN THE DAY TIME JUST TRY NOT TO LEAVE ALOT OF THINGS IN YOUR TRUCK WHILE YOUR OUT. ALOT OF PEOPLE USE THAT RAMP LIKE ON WEEKENDS IN THE SUMMER IT IS HARD TO FIND A PARKING SPOT BUT THAT WAS BEFORE THE NEW RAMP UP THE ROAD AND THE COPS TRY TO DRIVE BY ALOT.