TKF 5000 Club

Enter KayakMasters HERE! Rules, too!

Post by TKFStubb »

Ladies and gentlemen…..
TKF PRESENTS:

The KayakMasters Tournament Series brought to you by Ocean Kayak

The rules are finalized…

We are ready to roll out the 2006 Season

KayakMasters is the brainchild of many of you who like competitive fishing from your kayaks, but who were not happy with the direction it was headed. We have added a few innovations that should make this series fun, exciting, and comfortable for everyone to fish.

The first difference you’ll see is that we will have Pro as well as Amateur divisions.
The pros will be the “Cast for Cash”, crowd fishing for money and glory. These are the serious fishermen who are looking for credits toward their fishing careers and keeping their sponsors happy.
The Amateur Division will be for those just getting their butts wet in competitive fishing or who prefer to spend less and enjoy their experience more. We’ll call them the “fun bunch” that will give us all a run for our money. We’ll have some excellent merchandise prizes, including fully outfitted Prowler kayaks, BillyStix Custom Rods, American Rodsmiths rods, paddles, and other coveted merchandise to vie for in this division. We’ll also have the ever-popular raffles and the even-more-popular Dean, Slowride, Thomas to MC our raffles. By popular demand, we’ll also have our own Arnold, Liverdog, Wells as our featured entertainment AND, Team Cuisine is back in the saddle to do our cooking!

We WILL have a “Semi-shotgun Start” after we’ve had a short captain’s meeting tournament morning. All contestants will leave from this meeting and either paddle to their destination or jump in their vehicles and SAFELY drive to the launch site of their choice. All contestants will have to be back at the weigh-in site by the designated time or risk disqualification.

We want to thank Ocean Kayak for having confidence in our tournament concept and giving us a chance to bring Tournament fishing to the kayakers in the Great State of Texas!

We will use the catch-photo-release format that we’ve learned to love with just a few changes. If you have a digital camera, you are encouraged to use it in our tournaments provided that each fish picture that you submit has the “unique marker” in the photo as well as the designated measuring device.

There will also be activities planned for those who are not fishing. Seminars, demonstrations, kids’ contests, direct from the water updates as well other activities will add to a carnival atmosphere that will make this as much a spectator event as well as a competition. The “Safety Boat”, a center console power boat, will be circulating among the contestants to make sure everyone is safe as well as bringing up-to-the-minute reports from the contestants back to the weigh in site. As we progress through the season, we expect to fine-tune the procedures to make this the best tournament series it can be.

The application and official rules are provided below in .PDF format so you can easily print them off or save them.

Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.

We realize that competitive fishing is not for everyone, but it definitely has a place in our sport. We hope you enjoy our brand of it….

The dates and locations are set.(we still have a few local sponsors to solidify for the dates we've chosen), so here they are:

March 25th: Cagle campgrounds on Lake Conroe off of hwy 1375, west of New Waverly.

May 6th: Corpus Christi (headquarters is Wind and Wave Paddle shop at 10721 South Padre Island Drive, right on the causeway)

June 17th: Decker Lake, Austin

July 15th: Galveston Bay (headquarters to be announced)

Tom, TKFStubb, Stubblefield
TKF/KayakMasters
207 Pinehurst Dr.
Sour Lake, Tx 77659
tkfstubb@texaskayakfisherman.com
Attachments
KMentryform sans shirts.pdf
(28.57 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
Official KayakMasters Final Rules.pdf
(41.78 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
Last edited by TKFStubb on Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fubar
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Fubar »

sounds like fun! 8)
Parrothead
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by Parrothead »

Now that sounds like fun!

1. How bout dates and locations?

2. Regarding the freshwater rules concerning PFDs. Coast Guard regs apply only to those waterways which are deemed by the Army Corps of engineers to be "navigable" waterways. Has it been determined that the freshwater locations are navigable waterways?

3. What is a pro vs. an amateur? Is Minnow considered a pro becuase he is sponsored? :lol: In past tourneys I've fished a pro was someone who makes a living in some way by fishing such as a guide or a tackle manufacturer. Amateurs can be sponsored. Look at Minnow for example! LOL! :lol:
LXA393
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

Post by LXA393 »

That is great news Tom. Are there any future plans for this tournament series, or any other to make its way to the Lower Laguna Madre....South Padre area? Many of us locals are itching for a big tourney to come South 8)
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Pro/Am

Post by TKFStubb »

Parrothead wrote:Now that sounds like fun!

1. How bout dates and locations?

2. Regarding the freshwater rules concerning PFDs. Coast Guard regs apply only to those waterways which are deemed by the Army Corps of engineers to be "navigable" waterways. Has it been determined that the freshwater locations are navigable waterways?

3. What is a pro vs. an amateur? Is Minnow considered a pro becuase he is sponsored? :lol: In past tourneys I've fished a pro was someone who makes a living in some way by fishing such as a guide or a tackle manufacturer. Amateurs can be sponsored. Look at Minnow for example! LOL! :lol:

The reason we are going to REQUIRE the wearing of PFD's in the tournaments is that an alarming number of our folks still haven't mastered deep water recovery. And, weather conditions aren't expected to be the best for these two tourneys. So, Coast Guard and TP&WD aside, we want to be safer than the law requires.

The only folks that HAVE to register as pros are those that have won or placed in an EEF, Troutmasters, Redfish Cup, or other nationally recognized tournament series in the last year. If you fit this requirement, you MUST register as a Pro. However, if this requirement doesn't fit you, you MAY still register as a Pro. Your choice. Some folks will be under pressure from their sponsors to be in the Pro Division. Some have their Pro Division entry fee paid by these sponsors. This is the inaugural season and next year we will have our own set of winners turned pro. But, for this year, we have to fall back on last year's track record.
8)
Last edited by TKFStubb on Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
coach_lancaster

Post by coach_lancaster »

Is the entry form for any of them?

I am going to be in the March 25th freshwater one at Conroe.

And I guess that the rules pages are kind of made for all events? Conroe will be a bass tourney right?

Thanks
Spuds (Piscator Eximius)
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club
Location: Houston (The Heights)Texas <'))))>°{ . N 29.45.24 W 95.21.19

Re: Welcome to KayakMasters!

Post by Spuds (Piscator Eximius) »

TKFStubb wrote:Official KayakMasters Final Rules:

“All fishing must be in public water ‘accessible’ by kayak via a public launch.”

Isn't the correct word, "accessed?" :P :wink:
slowride
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by slowride »

what's wrong with accessible?

that's how you're going to access it, so it has to be "accessible by kayak" via a public launch.

if you "accessed it by kayak" it would have to have been accessible.

hey spud, are you going to be ready to access this event by march 25?
Ultrastealth
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ultrastealth »

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the ACA?
Ninja
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club
Location: Sweeny. Quit Wishin...Go Fishin and take a Kid with you

tourney

Post by Ninja »

Whats a "swiper" or is this supposed to be "striper"??
Minnow
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Minnow »

Parrothead wrote:3. What is a pro vs. an amateur? Is Minnow considered a pro becuase he is sponsored?

I guess your answer would be "Yes".......I have placed in an EEF tourney in the last year.

Tom-

If I am reading this right, some major improvements have been made and I am looking forward to an "almost" non shotgun start!

Minnow
Mack

Good Job

Post by Mack »

Tom, I want to commend you for the rule changes you made. Thanks for responding to people's feedback.
slowride
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by slowride »

Ultrastealth wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what is the ACA?

american canoe assoc.
LiverDog
TKF 4000 Club
TKF 4000 Club

Post by LiverDog »

Are the payouts based on a number of people participating or are they solid no matter what? That would be a big issue. Looking forward to playing though.
LD
coach_lancaster

Post by coach_lancaster »

I think I remember it saying "based on 50 entries"

Is that right?
Electric Water Boy
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club
Location: In the woods using billion dollar government satellites to hunt $2 pieces of Tupperware

Post by Electric Water Boy »

Can you clarify the fees a little more?

I'm not an ACA member, so if I get the fee in before the last 14 days is it $50 or is it $60 regardless (for the amatuer)?

What does it take to get in the ACA and what are the benefits?
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Fees

Post by TKFStubb »

Electric Water Boy wrote:Can you clarify the fees a little more?

I'm not an ACA member, so if I get the fee in before the last 14 days is it $50 or is it $60 regardless (for the amatuer)?

What does it take to get in the ACA and what are the benefits?

Tom, If you don't join ACA, WE have to sign you up for the event. This is $10 which makes your fee $50 (no ACA discount) up until 14 days before the tournament. This means that after 3 tournaments, you will have paid the same extra that you would pay for an ACA membership ($30/yr). If you wait til the last minute, it will be $60 (or $110 for pro). My advice would be to send in your ACA anual membership and pay $40 for your tournament! 8)
slowride
TKF 7000 Club
TKF 7000 Club

Post by slowride »

if you are a paddler or have any interests in paddling sports you should be a member of the ACA.

it is the strongest organization out there working for paddlers rights and leaders in certifying and educating tomorrows leaders in the field.

they are more poular in the northern and eastern parts of the country because that is where the history of paddling is in our great nation. hopefully memberships will grow in texas as the paddling community grows.

not to mention that you get the Paddler magazine with your membership.
Spuds (Piscator Eximius)
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

slowride wrote:what's wrong with accessible?

that's how you're going to access it, so it has to be "accessible by kayak" via a public launch.

if you "accessed it by kayak" it would have to have been accessible.

:roll:

Accessible- (adjective) CAPABLE of being reached

Access- (verb) to get at

What if you "access" by private launch, even though the honey hole you were fishing "was ‘accessible’ by kayak via a public launch" elsewhere? :P

Maybe Coogyakker, the English Master, or some other English experts could correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW- I picked up our Phoenixes last night.
I've gotta get a good coat of wax on it first, before you get drool all over it!! :lol: :wink:
BENNY
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by BENNY »

Speaking of english majors isn't the plural of Phoenix, Phoenix?
or is it Phoenixi?
Spuds (Piscator Eximius)
TKF 6000 Club
TKF 6000 Club

BENNY wrote:Speaking of english majors isn't the plural of Phoenix, Phoenix?
or is it Phoenixi?

:lol:

We need to draw Coogyakker out!!! :P

Maybe I should have said the 'Canes.
Fubar
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by Fubar »

phoe·nix ......plural phoe·nix·es

get hooked on phonics...........http://secure.hop.com/
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Can someone tell me where Lake Conroe is in relation to Rockport? If there are two lakes named Lake Conroe, would that be pronounced Lake Conroes, Conroe's, Conroeses, Conroe e', or Cornrows?
TKFStubb
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by TKFStubb »

Tombo wrote:Can someone tell me where Lake Conroe is in relation to Rockport? If there are two lakes named Lake Conroe, would that be pronounced Lake Conroes, Conroe's, Conroeses, Conroe e', or Cornrows?

Tom, if you are fishing Lake Conroe, you go north out of Houston on I45. The lake is between Conroe and New Waverly and about 10 miles to the west. Its a beautiful lake and a great bass fishery but very busy in the summer with all the Houstonians. You'll see boats you wouldn't think could fit such a small lake. In the summer, its like Mardi Gras on the water. Hope you can make it. 8)
Nueces Bay
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by Nueces Bay »

:shock:
Last edited by Nueces Bay on Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.