LHL quick trips.

Kitsune

LHL quick trips.

Post by Kitsune »

I fished LHL on 08/27 and 09/03 for 3-4 hours a piece. Topwater redfish imitation from 630-10ish am. 08/27 was a higher tide (storm) and the fish were really hard to locate. I ended up catching a lot of 18” reds and some dinks.

09/03 was better. The tides leveled out and the fish were closer to the guts that enter LHL. The water clarity is surprisingly a little stained and the grass bottom isn’t as thick or as green as usual. The mangroves are still on their way back so who knows what that vegetation is up to. Anyways, LHL has some fish, they are mildly aggressive early early and then it starts to taper off. We really just need one good mild-front and you will want to be on the coast. These fish/bait seem to be yearning for a shift into spring. Be ready, there will be some great opportunities when the shift happens.
Attachments
IMG_4555.jpeg
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: LHL quick trips.

Post by Neumie »

Thanks for the report. Will be down there in a month, so this helps.
motoyak

Post by motoyak »

Like everyone, Im waiting for that 1st real front to blow through. Im hoping the the 3rd week of Sept s the one. Been putting off a coastal run sine end of August. Need meat :lol: 8)
Kitsune

Post by Kitsune »

It looks like the weekend of the 16th could be that mild-front. 🤞
OldTownYakBoi

Post by OldTownYakBoi »

Kitsune wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:25 am It looks like the weekend of the 16th could be that mild-front. 🤞
Definitely got my fingers crossed, fishing has not been easy by any means. Usually I can count on the surf trout to save me, but even that has been super slow. This has been the worst summer in 5 years I’ve had of surf fishing, miserable conditions.