Roll call

Onski326

Roll call

Post by Onski326 »

Anyone in the area still active on here?
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Re: Roll call

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

I'm still here on occasion but maybe not enough to consider "active" anymore. Talked to you on the "Hoodoo" thread though. I usually go to Bridgeport with my son, my wife and/or a buddy of mine pretty often (although only a few times this year so far) so if you ever want to fish with us, PM me your number, I'll give you a text or a call and see if you want to join us. We also hit Amon Carter, Texoma, Wheeler Branch, and the Brazos below PK on occasion. You're welcome to join us.
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

I check in from time to time, nothing like it use to be. I fish the Freeport , Matagorda area.
Whizzy

Post by Whizzy »

I'm a relative newby to kayaks, but not outdoors or fishing. I'm up in Collin County. Hoping the winds will die down and can try out Lavon for some crappie soon.
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

I'm west of the FW area, Paradise actually. I guess my normal spots are Lake Bridgeport and the LBJ Grassland lakes. Mainly Black Creek. I tried Cottonwood but haven't had any luck and never really mark fish there either. Tried the Brazos below PK once and would really like to hit it more and get it figured out. Large lake boaters can be such a$$holes. Seems like I run into them at least every outing.
wittich

Post by wittich »

The website has lost its momentum, but it really only takes a few people participating to make this website interesting.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote:I'm west of the FW area, Paradise actually. I guess my normal spots are Lake Bridgeport and the LBJ Grassland lakes. Mainly Black Creek. I tried Cottonwood but haven't had any luck and never really mark fish there either. Tried the Brazos below PK once and would really like to hit it more and get it figured out. Large lake boaters can be such a$$holes. Seems like I run into them at least every outing.
Clear Lake and Rhodes Lake 2 other good ones on LBJ. I have a thread on here from a few years ago on Clear Lake. It has some nice bass and so does Rhodes. If I can find the thread I'll post it up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

I’m originally from the DFW area but niw reside in Houston, so most of my time is spent in the salt along the Gulf coast.
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

mwatson71 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:03 pm I’m originally from the DFW area but niw reside in Houston, so most of my time is spent in the salt along the Gulf coast.
I'm hoping to try out some bay/marsh fishing one of these days. That redfish/trout/flounder fishing looks pretty fun!
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Onski326 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:07 am
mwatson71 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:03 pm I’m originally from the DFW area but niw reside in Houston, so most of my time is spent in the salt along the Gulf coast.
I'm hoping to try out some bay/marsh fishing one of these days. That redfish/trout/flounder fishing looks pretty fun!
Don't hesitate to give me a shout when you do - I'd be happy to take you out. I even have an extra Hobie you could borrow so no need to transport your kayak down here.
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

mwatson71 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:11 pm
Onski326 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:07 am
Don't hesitate to give me a shout when you do - I'd be happy to take you out. I even have an extra Hobie you could borrow so no need to transport your kayak down here.
I may just do that if it's no trouble? I have a T160 I don't mind hauling. Been talking to the wife about doing another Galveston trip here in the next few months. Hopefully before it gets too hot. They get to run around town and I get the morning to fish. Win-win. lol
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

If you ever get out to Matagorda send me a PM and I’ll meet you out there.
Onski326

Post by Onski326 »

Yak Dog wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:21 pm If you ever get out to Matagorda send me a PM and I’ll meet you out there.
That's one place I've never actually visited yet. It is on my list of places to hit though and I will definitely keep you in mind. Thank you!!
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Onski326 wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:55 am
Yak Dog wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:21 pm If you ever get out to Matagorda send me a PM and I’ll meet you out there.
That's one place I've never actually visited yet. It is on my list of places to hit though and I will definitely keep you in mind. Thank you!!
You won't regret it! It's my absolute favorite place.
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

Imanoldmanyoungsalt, if that’s your favorite place I’m sure we fish the some of the same areas. I have a lemongrass 15 foot trident kayak and a white Silverado with a kayak rack on the back. If you ever see this description stop by. Oh yeah I also have a TKF sticker on the back window
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Yak Dog wrote:Imanoldmanyoungsalt, if that’s your favorite place I’m sure we fish the some of the same areas. I have a lemongrass 15 foot trident kayak and a white Silverado with a kayak rack on the back. If you ever see this description stop by. Oh yeah I also have a TKF sticker on the back window
I love it there, however, being 6 hrs away, I just don't get down there often anymore. We used to make a couple or three trips a year down there but too many grandkids and other things occupy my time now so I haven't been at all in a couple of years. Hopefully when I retire in 6 years I'll start getting down there again.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Jason1976

Post by Jason1976 »

Royse City area looking to make friends. New to the forum
Yak Dog

Post by Yak Dog »

Jason1976 wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 9:57 am Royse City area looking to make friends. New to the forum
Man your right in the middle of three good crappie lakes, welcome to the forum and there are a few guys in your vicinity that are on here as well. I’m sure you’ll be able to hook up with someone soon. I’m down on the gulf and fish from Indianola to Freeport. If you ever head this way give me a shout if I’m not already busy I’ll meet up with you.