Turtle Bay?

Tombo

Turtle Bay?

Post by Tombo »

Where is Turtle Bay? This year I am branching out to other spots to kayak fish.
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Turtle Bay?

Post by Neumie »

Just west of Palacios. Best access from the boat ramp at Jenson Pt Rd or the boat ramp off Hwy 35.
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Thank you Neumie.
Ken J
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Ken J »

Turtle Bay, fishing the marsh behind the “culvert”. Good memories.

Ken J
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Not sure where Turtle Bay is located, but enjoy that new, sleek Hobie Revo 16 you acquired!

Hobie Navy member Watson shared with us the weird collection of gear he bought from you. I'm with you on the need to downsize as the years roll by.

Happy fishing, Tombo!

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Thank you DandyDon. It was all stuff I was not going to use. Now it won't be wasted.
Kayak Kid
TKF 10,000 Club
TKF 10,000 Club

Post by Kayak Kid »

Tombo,
You definitely need to experience Turtle Bay. I've had four goes at it and each produced both unique adventures as well as successful fishing.

Not a good idea to go alone. It's pretty isolated. And, be aware of the tides. A high tide could leave you unable to exit through the drain pipe.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Kayak Kid wrote:Tombo,
You definitely need to experience Turtle Bay. I've had four goes at it and each produced both unique adventures as well as successful fishing.

Not a good idea to go alone. It's pretty isolated. And, be aware of the tides. A high tide could leave you unable to exit through the drain pipe.
KK I've never been there but it looks like you can get to it by using the gravel road and portage around the drain pipe if necessary. You think this is possible worst case scenario?
Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Kayak Kid wrote:Tombo,

Not planning on going alone. Is there a closer launch to Turtle Lake than the boat launch off 35?
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Tombo looks like there's a launch spot at the end of Jenson Point Road
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Turtl ... 96.2533484
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

Tombo wrote:Not planning on going alone. Is there a closer launch to Turtle Lake than the boat launch off 35?
There's a boat ramp at the end of Jensen Pt Rd which is right next to the super-secret tunnels. Could also launch from a drainage ditch off 35 for a more middle of the bay access ( 28°43'10.33"N, 96°15'21.31"W).
SWFinatic wrote:KK I've never been there but it looks like you can get to it by using the gravel road and portage around the drain pipe if necessary. You think this is possible worst case scenario?
It's not advisable due to the landowners not being friendly. You really need to plan trips accordingly if you want to fish Buttermilk Slough.
outbreaker

Post by outbreaker »

Neumie wrote:
Tombo wrote:Not planning on going alone. Is there a closer launch to Turtle Lake than the boat launch off 35?
There's a boat ramp at the end of Jensen Pt Rd which is right next to the super-secret tunnels. Could also launch from a drainage ditch off 35 for a more middle of the bay access ( 28°43'10.33"N, 96°15'21.31"W).
SWFinatic wrote:KK I've never been there but it looks like you can get to it by using the gravel road and portage around the drain pipe if necessary. You think this is possible worst case scenario?
It's not advisable due to the landowners not being friendly. You really need to plan trips accordingly if you want to fish Buttermilk Slough.
Is the ramp a private ramp?
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

outbreaker wrote:Is the ramp a private ramp?
The Jensen Pt ramp is public. The one up by 35 requires a fee, if I remember correctly.