*****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JUNE 13, 2021 SUNDAY***** ((((((((((UPDATES))))))))))

Yakety_Yak

*****BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JUNE 13, 2021 SUNDAY***** ((((((((((UPDATES))))))))))

Post by Yakety_Yak »

[UPDATED 6-13-21] Well guys, this is it! The outing is going to take place this Sunday and NOT SATURDAY. Weather looks great (winds at 10 mph) and conditions are where we need them to be. I was hoping Monday's conditions would have moved into Sunday but things are still looking good. Just a little FYI..... Mother Nature has a funny way of pulling pranks on us. It's not uncommon to show up to fish BTB only to be disappointed by the conditions. If this happens, which it doesn't look like it will be, I would bring your inshore gear just as a precaution. Oh, one last thing, we will be launching at the original location in years past and not where it was last year. We only launched from the spot we did last year because of the beach closures due to COVID. If you are not sure where this launch location is, check out my post for details. Also, I have found that finding ribbon fish has been difficult in Corpus. Here are your options..... check other bait shops that I have not listed in my post. Go to your local Asian Mart. It will be a little more expensive but they usually carry ribbons. If you live in the Houston surrounding area, Bridges Bait has ribbons. This bait shop is located in Surfside. As always, if you have any questions feel free to call/text me at this point. Tight lines!

[UPDATED 6-8-21] As of now the weather and winds for this weekend look good. The wind is a little higher than what I would like to see but definitely still doable. If things hold, this outing could very well happen this weekend. I will make one more update this Thursday. On a side note, there is a chance that I could move this outing to Sunday. Sunday is currently looking better for BTB kayak fishing than Saturday. That doesn't mean that Saturday can't improve. All the info I have provided will reveal itself on Thursday once I see what Mother Nature decides to do. Tight lines!

[UPDATED 6-6-21] It's still early but this upcoming Saturday looks promising. I will monitor things and make another report on Tuesday and Thursday. Cross your fingers and get your gear ready.

Hello to all my fellow kayaking friends. Just like last summer, 2020, I wanted to do something for this summer 2021 in regards to BTB kayak fishing for new people (of course intermediate and advanced kayakers are welcome). Several years ago, I put together a BTB trip for anyone that wanted to get out to do BTB at Surfside, this included kayakers of all levels. It was awesome! We had a total of 34 kayakers that made it out that day. Many just went to the buoys while others went to the 5-mile rig. It was really cool to see that many yaks out on the water. Some of the people that fished off of the jettys at Surfside thought that there was a tournament going on with that many kayaks launching, lol. The following year I ran another one of these outings except it was run out of Corpus Christi instead of Surfside. We had many more show up than the previous year. This trip was a huge success! I believe all the new kayakers caught kings that day and I would say around 70% of the new kayakers limited out on kings. On top of it all, even some of the new kayakers caught cobia. What an amazing day on the water it was!! As each year has gone by, this outing has become larger and larger. This has turned out to be a great way for new kayakers to learn how to go BTB and hopefully to catch some fish while out there on the water.

Since Corpus Christi was such a huge success as in years past, I’m going to continue to do it at Corpus Christi again out at the Bob Hall Pier beachline. The way it works is we all meet just south of Ball Hall Pier on the beach and make our way on out to the rig to try our luck at smacks, kings, and anything else that we can get into. If you are new to BTB, this would be a great trip to try out. The rig is not far offshore (give or take a mile) and there will be plenty of support out on the water with all the kayakers that will be fishing with us. This is not a tournament or an event (This is merely an open invite to anyone that wants to attend.). It's just a way to get all levels of kayakers out on the water and to have fun hanging out while fishing. In addition to things, PACK (Paddling Anglers in Canoes and Kayaks) will be doing this trip as well. PACK is a kayak organization that has been around in Houston for over 20+ years. For more details on this organization, here is the link: http://www.packtx.org

The game plan is for everyone to meet just south of Bob Hall Pier on the beach at 5:30am Saturday, June 13th (If you are new, you may want to arrive earlier so that you have plenty of time to prepare.). We will launch around 7:00am. There will be a short meeting before hand to answer any questions by anyone (around 6:30am). There will be plenty of experienced kayakers there that can answer anything as well.

The exact location we will meet at and where quite a few will be camping at is as such. Once you get to Bob Hall Pier, go south on to the beach. Once on the beach, continue for a brief moment until you see Access Rd 6 on the right. We used to camp out about 100 to 200 yards past Access Rd 6 on the left (beach side). If there is new sand out there making it difficult for 2wd vehicles to get through and the tides have been coming up fairly high making it tough to camp on the beach side, what we will do then is we will be camping on the right up along the dune side right after you pass Access Rd 6.

*****In regards to a backup date, here is how that works. The backup date will fall to the following weekend until we have a good weekend to have this activity. Hopefully the conditions and weather will be good and we can all get out on June 5th. If interested, post your name on here and I will add you to the list.*****

OKAY.... WHO'S INTERESTING IN GOING?

01 Blake Colburn (aka: Yakety_Yak)
02 Adrian
03 Adrian Arenas (Poseidon01)
04 Tomas (Adrian’s son)
05 Mateo (Adrian’s son)
06 Alec Perez
07 Domingo Lucius
08 Austen Riche
09 Rocky Guerra
10 Brett
11 Chris Lewis
12 Brian
13 Darren Eiswirth
14 David LaHaie (lahai1dj)
15 Darwin S. Ramos
16 Doug
17 Drew Turner
18 Daniel Hayes
19 Chris Mangold
20 Chris (tejasyak)
21 Chris Cherry
22 Brad Valtierra (HobieBro)
23 Chris Speckels
24 Cliff Johnson (forager)
25 Frank
26 Gary Burns
27 Efren
28 Ben Watson (Volkswatson)
29 Donnie Hunt
30 Charlie (kickingback)
31 Jacob Daehnke
32 Jeff Echols (jeffechols)
33 Hector
34 J C Butler (Kalait)
35 Jerry Krabe (SWFinatic)
36 Jesse Chapa
37 John Hall
38 Sean Hall
39 Jose A. Flores-Zaher
40 Juan-Carlos
41 Justin Branam
42 Craig Ray
43 Josh Serlin
44 Justin Kesteloot
45 Kevin
46 Keith Brumbaugh (Chubs)
47 Daniel
48 Joel
49 Lino T. Arocha
50 Jace
51 Lance Hall
52 Meredith
53 Matthew Davis (rattlesnake68)
54 Mark Alcala
55 Mike Flores (fishin Ninja)
56 Mike Tomberlin
57 Philip Schmitz
58 Paco Campos
59 Michael Ritz
60 Melissa Holbrook
61 Rick Fox
62 Ruben Sanchez Jr.
63 Roy (niswanger)
64 Michael Woods
65 Ryan Woods (Michael’s son)
66 Connor Woods (Michael’s son)
67 Marvin Monk
68 Clinton Lott
69 Al (bigtrout)
70 Nathan
71 Pete Pham
72 Nathan Giles
73 Doug (wandering wader)
74 Daniel Creighton (Daniel Creighton)
75 Davis Nguyen
76 Marshall Mamac
77 David Jung
78 Carlos
79 Stephen Means
80 Shawn Faris (5x5)
81 Tuan Nguyen (texastuan)
82 Travis Canterbury
83 William Tryon
84 Vlad (Vlad_989)
85 Willard Franklin III
86 bill Barbre (horse4663)
87 Sean Ortiz
88 Steve Colburn
89 Steve
90 Tim Payne
91 Terry Howard (sanantonioyak)
92 Sam (greenyak)
93 Steve Soliz
94 Troy Guffy
95 Greg Oetzmann
96 Sean Keith Fagan
97 Mike Smalley
98 Eric Grace (Gotem)
99 Stephen Dunkelberger
100 Bryce
101 Charles Wright
102 Christopher Montelongo
103 Matt (TxTitan)
104 Austin
105 Elliot (tx_briell)
106 Danny Baker
107 Mike Moore
108 Marco Arias Jr.
109 Tom Pham
110 TexasDrew
111 blacknight3006
112 Jersey Striper
113 Jeremiah McNiel (jeremy0826)
114 JohnnyCast
115 Chad Crawford
116 Zach Crawford
117 T3_fishing
118 TX_Kayaker
119 Patrick White (Skyayastigi)
120 Jon Picker
121 Angel Rose (yakano)
122 Merriel Solesky
123 Jason Ashcroft (Txrebel)
124 Gary Olsen
125 Austin Acker
126 Arlo Acker
127 Ellis
128 Stephen Ruthstrom (Texasbeachbum)
129 Ponchootero
130 Tayton Boyd (OldTownTater)

So far we have 130 kayakers going. These are people that are going or are a maybe. Who else wants to go? Post up on this thread and I will be happy to add you to the list.

The address to Bob Hall Pier is.....
15820 Park Rd 22
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
(361) 949-0499

PS: As it gets closer to the date, I will make a post on here a few days before (the morning of Thursday, June 3rd) to let everyone know if conditions/weather is good or not so that nobody makes a trip for nothing. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE CHECKING THE THREAD FOR UPDATES AS IT GETS CLOSER SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT’S GOING ON. SOMETIMES IT COULD COME DOWN TO THE FINAL DAY BEFORE THE OUTING BEFORE THINGS COULD CHANGE. THIS HAS HAPPENED A FEW TIMES. If things look debatable, I will cancel to be on the safe side. As stated above if the trip gets canceled, I will reschedule on the date mentioned in this thread.

If you are new to BTB and this is your first trip out or if you have gone out but not very much and are still fairly new to BTB, please read. There are a few things you may need to know before hitting the water. First and foremost, please make sure you have your PFD on you at all times. The law states that you must have a PFD on the vessel at all times with you if you are 17 years of age and older (if under 17, you are required to have it on) but if you flip over and the PFD is not on your body, what good is it doing you? It would be worth your time to buy a good quality PFD and not the $9.99 version at Academy.

Another thing I would recommend investing into is a quality VHF radio. There are so many reasons as to why you should have a radio on you when you are on the water BTB kayak fishing of which I will talk about a little lower on this thread as you keep reading. If you need to figure out a good radio to purchase, please feel free to call me (832-588-7091) and definitely keep reading as I will explain a few things on a quality VHF radio to buy. If you do not have a radio, of which I hope everyone does, stay with a group of people while on the water that does have a radio. Safety is in numbers and the more people you can be fishing close to, the better.

Just a few items that people mentioned that were new to BTB in years past that said they needed to get the most but they didn’t already have were (in no particular order but I would hope the radio was at the top, lol) 1) radio 2) gaff 3) fish bag.

When we arrive in the morning a few ground rules will be covered in the meeting before we launch to make sure all the new people are on the same page. For the intermediate and advanced fishermen, you guys are good to go but while we are explaining things if there is anything left out, please feel free to chime in. I also would like to say that when you show up to fish, please make sure you have enough tackle. There is nothing worse than showing up and not having the correct tackle or hardly any tackle and asking everyone to borrow their stuff. It's one thing if you need a swivel but to borrow someone's $20 Waxwing lure, only to have a break-off and lose it, that's not good. Unless you plan on paying for that lure, it's better to show up with your own tackle. If you are not sure what to show up with, please ask on this thread. I can tell you for sure to make or buy king fish leaders (the key bait for kings is ribbon fish or even live bait). If you want to make king fish leaders, check out Prof. Salt's YouTube channel (click on the link I have provided). He has a video in there that explains how to make king fish leaders and it’s really good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t82a8- ... xA&index=4

If you do camp on the beach, make sure you purchase a beach pass which can be purchased at any Stripes Gas Station. From what I have been told, if you camp on the beach past Access Road 6, no beach pass is necessary (I will be getting a beach pass just in case). I know I will be back again quite a few times and I will get my money’s worth out of it. The beach pass is $12.00 which is good for the entire year. Hopefully we can all get out there, have a great time, and catch some fish!

If you would like to read up on the reports from a few years ago and last year, here are the links: https://tinyurl.com/quhj6ue and tinyurl.com/16jeb91o

For those of you that have any questions, please feel free to post on this thread, PM me on TKF, or give me a call. 832-588-7091

On another note..... BHP sells frozen bait but not ribbon fish. If you want frozen ribbon fish for your king leaders, you will need to call the local bait shops in the area to see who carries it. Always call before going up to see if the shops have plenty of ribbon fish. Some suggestions for bait shops that carry ribbon fish are:

Billings Bait Stand
13428 S. Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
361-949-8692

Roy’s Bait & Tackle Outfitters
7613 S. Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78412
361-992-2960

Red Dot Pier
11801 S. Padre Island Dr.
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
361-937-5347

Fisherman's Bait & Seafood
1101 Laguna Shores Rd.
Corpus Christi, TX 78418
361-239-4648

For those of you that are looking at buying a VHF radio and are not sure what to get, here are a few things to consider....

Many people try to buy the Cobra VHF radios and many times, not always, it's because of the low price. The Cobra brand is commonly sold at Academy. That is how I find that many find out about these radios. There are other cheap brands out there, not just Cobra. The problem is that you get what you pay for many times with these brands. Because of the lower price, you sacrifice something for the cheaper brands out there. I have explained in the past the five things to look for in a quality VHF radio but I have now found a sixth thing. Here are the six things you should look for in purchasing a quality VHF radio:

1) floats
2) water proof
3) it should have NOAA weather radio
4) at least a 5-mile radius
5) good battery life (if you are going to be on the water all day, make sure your battery will last)
6) Make sure your radio has a channel 16 emergency button so that you can reach coast guard immediately

The sixth item is the newest I have added to the list. The reason for this is that a common station that many are allowed to be on are the upper channels. Us kayakers choose channel 69 many times. Even though we use the radio for fishing talk, it's important to remember that this radio's primary purpose is for emergencies. What happens if you are on channel 69 and there is an emergency. On a cheaper radio, you will have to push through all the stations to get from channel 69 to channel 16 (channel 16 is the coast guard station). That is a lot of channels to thumb through. My radio has a button that has "9/16" on it (this is a common feature on some radios). Once I hit this button, it immediately takes me to where I need to be without going through other less important channels.

Another thing that is not necessarily needed but is a nice feature, is a channel lock feature. I'm almost definite this lock feature I am about to talk about will be the seventh thing on the list before long. On my radio, there is a button that has a key pic on the top of the button. Once I hold this down for a few seconds, it locks all of my keys. To reverse the process, repeat the same thing and it will disengage this feature. If the feature is active, a small pic of a key will present itself on the electronic screen. Once disabled, the key pic goes away. This feature is useful because as kayakers, we are limited in space. Constantly you will find that your radio buttons will get pressed somehow during the day taking you off of the channel you are trying to be on. If you are fishing with friends and you don't hear them the entire time, you will think their radio is off or has gone down. In reality, your radio channel is on the wrong station. Also, when you are talking to the coast guard, you will want to make sure you stay on the designated channel and not accidentally get switched.

Some of the brands that many use on the water that are considered reliable are (in no particular order):

1) Standard Horizon
2) ICOM
3) Uniden

I personally roll with the Standard Horizon HX300. For the value of this radio, it's hard to beat the quality and price. All of these radio brands are good that I just listed. If you search on the internet, sometimes you will find that there are mail-in rebates. My radio had at one time a $20.00 mail-in rebate. The average going price on the Standard Horizon HX300 is a little over $100.00. That is a great price for a quality VHF radio. I have heard people talk about the HX290. It has everything the HX300 has except one thing. The HX300 has a longer battery life. For a few bucks more, I am more than happy to buy the HX300 to have a longer battery life. If you find that you are the kind of person that is only going to be on the water for about half a day, then I could see buying the HX290.

One last thing I would like to mention. Sometimes I like to use TV's in relation to VHF radios. I consider buying a Cobra in relation to RCA. Buying one of the better brands is like buying a Toshiba. By buying a RCA, is that what your life is worth? We take a VHF radio for granted because we hit the water never suspecting anything will ever happen to us. If that time ever comes when you need a radio and you bought an RCA, I can only pray that it works for you. I know my Toshiba will as it has on a few occasions that I have needed it.

If you are looking at fish bags and are not sure what to get, here is a fantastic option. This bag is durable, it holds ice for extended periods of time, and is half the price of most other bags.....

https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/de ... bag-large/

I want to let you guys know of something I have been looking at for a while and pulled the trigger on it a few seasons ago. Ever since then, I have been completely happy with it. What I am referring to is a particular fish bag. I have owned two fish bags before this current one I now own. Both bags are the Native fish bag. Both bags are now in the garbage as they don't hold up very well for very long. I remember when I got both Native fish bags, they were both damaged after the first trip on the water. Each time I placed a fish in the bag, the fish would cut up the interior of the bag. Furthermore, the zipper would eventually rust. These bags are $150.00 each. I don't know what they are worth now but I do know to buy a quality bag it runs around $150 - $200 (sometimes more). The pricing on these things is just absolutely ridiculous!

One day at one of my BHP outings, I met this guy that had a fish bag that I had never seen before on his Native Slayer Propel (thanks Angel for the info on this bag). I inquired about it. After that trip, I immediately went home and found the bag online. After a little research, I purchased it. I have not been disappointed with this bag yet. Some of the points of this bag are:

1) The inside of the bag is much more durable than the Native bag and will still insulate your ice
2) The exterior of the bag is durable as well
3) There are two zippers instead of one (just in case, I always put a coat of WD-40 on the zippers to keep them lubricated)
4) The price is absolutely awesome! (I'll explain below)
5) The bag is larger than most bags

The cost of this bag is $90.00 and the shipping is a flat rate of $15.00. There is no tax as Delaware is a tax free state. It’s possible the pricing of this bag has gone up since last year due to COVID. You may want to call to double check. Either way you look at it, the bag is still going to be cheaper than most other bags (don’t forget that the quality is excellent as well). Here is another cool thing about this price. If you put "TKF" in the promo section, you will get an additional 10% off. According to my calculations, the total cost of the bag with shipping would be $96.00. That's a great price for an awesome fish bag.

One last thing on this bag. There is a place you can put carabiners on to secure the bag to the yak (I have pad eyes on my yak to secure the carabiner to it from the bag). There are plenty of options to choose from. Just to give you an idea of how big this bag is, I have had three king mackerel and four red snapper in this bag and it has held up. That is a lot of fish! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or you can call me. 832-588-7091

In addition to the pics on Delaware Paddlesports web page, here are some others pics of the bag on kayaks:

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me by posting on this thread, PM me, or call/text me. 832-588-7091 Tight lines!!
LTA

Re: **********BOB HALL PIER - BTB, JUNE 5, 2021 SATURDAY**********

Post by LTA »

Mr Yak, I’ve been struggling on tying wire leaders to my lures. I’ve tried the figure eight using 7 strand wire looks ok but not sure if I would trust it (doesn’t look like it gets tight enough) really don’t want to take a chance and lose some expensive lures, I’ve tried the Knot 2 Kinky titanium wire which looks even worst. I’ve search all over the web and can’t find a good knot that I trust. So my questions are what wire material do you recommend and which knots & swivels do you like? I have the 7 Strand Berkley & AFW Surfstand along with the Knot 2 Kinky wire in the 40 & 60 lbs? Something else that concerns me is having to do a re-tie in the field with my hands water logged I’m thinking that wire will really cut you quick even with gloves when trying to get the knots tight also do recommend putting a swivel on the lure it self? Not to many worries on tying the leaders for using bait but losing some $20 lures would hurt. Thanks! 2020 Everything went to HELL; 2021 HELL Froze Over :shock: :shock:
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

If you want to test your knots just find something solid to hook your hook to whether it be a heavy table, garage door track, truck bumper, whatever,. Using a pair of needle nose pliers tightly gripped to your swivel eye pull hard. If your hook bends and your knot holds you're good.
TexasDrew

Post by TexasDrew »

Very awesome and I plan on attending. Is anyone going out in Feb/March?
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

LTA wrote:Mr Yak, I’ve been struggling on tying wire leaders to my lures. I’ve tried the figure eight using 7 strand wire looks ok but not sure if I would trust it (doesn’t look like it gets tight enough) really don’t want to take a chance and lose some expensive lures, I’ve tried the Knot 2 Kinky titanium wire which looks even worst. I’ve search all over the web and can’t find a good knot that I trust. So my questions are what wire material do you recommend and which knots & swivels do you like? I have the 7 Strand Berkley & AFW Surfstand along with the Knot 2 Kinky wire in the 40 & 60 lbs? Something else that concerns me is having to do a re-tie in the field with my hands water logged I’m thinking that wire will really cut you quick even with gloves when trying to get the knots tight also do recommend putting a swivel on the lure it self? Not to many worries on tying the leaders for using bait but losing some $20 lures would hurt. Thanks! 2020 Everything went to HELL; 2021 HELL Froze Over :shock: :shock:
LTA... good to hear from ya. My recommendation is to stick with the Malin wire for now until you get better at tying the other kinkless wire. I have another method for those wires of which we can chat on another time but for the trip, stick with the Malin Wire. It's easy to do a haywire twist while on the water if needed. Just be sure to have your pliers with wire cutters on the pliers. :)

Also, when you are ready to chat on the other wire, give me a call. In regards to the haywire twist, see my thread as there is a link that takes you to Prof. Salt's video for tying those.

TexasDrew wrote:Very awesome and I plan on attending. Is anyone going out in Feb/March?
Not much to catch in those months. When the water drops to 70 and below, the pelagic fish migrate out of the area until the water rises above 70 in the spring again.
blacknight3006

Post by blacknight3006 »

I would like to go on this trip. This would be my first time making a trip like this, any advice as far as gear would be appriciated.
Kalait

Post by Kalait »

OOPS, June 5 I am out of pocket, however there after I can float on weekends.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

blacknight3006 wrote:I would like to go on this trip. This would be my first time making a trip like this, any advice as far as gear would be appriciated.
I got ya added to the list. Welcome! :)

Kalait wrote:OOPS, June 5 I am out of pocket, however there after I can float on weekends.
Keep watching this thread in case bad weather/conditions plays a roll and I have to move the outing to another weekend. This would then work in your favor.
Mellow-Yellow

Post by Mellow-Yellow »

I went last year and had a blast. Trying to get my schedule nailed down for the current date.
JohnnyCast

Post by JohnnyCast »

That sounds like fun! I'll plan on going on the set date but if the date does change, it might be hard for me to make it. Either way, sign me up wontcha!
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Mellow-Yellow wrote:I went last year and had a blast. Trying to get my schedule nailed down for the current date.
Let me know if you can make it. Great to have ya last year.

JohnnyCast wrote:That sounds like fun! I'll plan on going on the set date but if the date does change, it might be hard for me to make it. Either way, sign me up wontcha!
Gotcha added. Welcome! :)
Caccrawfor

Post by Caccrawfor »

Please add me and my brother to your list. Chad Crawford and Zach Crawford
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Caccrawfor wrote:Please add me and my brother to your list. Chad Crawford and Zach Crawford
Got ya added. :)
T3_fishing

Post by T3_fishing »

Add me to list

Thanks
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

T3_fishing wrote:Add me to list

Thanks
Got ya added to the list. Welcome! :)
TX-Kayaker

Post by TX-Kayaker »

Hey Blake, put me on the list. I should be able to make it this year.

Ron White
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

TX-Kayaker wrote:Hey Blake, put me on the list. I should be able to make it this year.

Ron White
Got ya added. Before or after the BHP trip, maybe we can do an inshore trip. Let's talk on it as it gets closer. :)
Txrebel

Post by Txrebel »

Put me down interested. Txrebel., Jason Ashcroft.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Txrebel wrote:Put me down interested. Txrebel., Jason Ashcroft.
Gotcha added. Welcome to the addiction! :)
Arlo

Post by Arlo »

Yakety_Yak
couple of questions. I have done my share of bay fishing. Galveston Bay. never been on the ocean side.
never tried to get through the waves or for that matter not sure I could. "just being honest"
Would love to make the trip. I have a Bonafide ss127 and I am just a paddler. Thoughts, will their be others that are novices to Beyond the Breakers. I am definitely not helpless just have not done it.
Any info helps.
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Arlo wrote:Yakety_Yak
couple of questions. I have done my share of bay fishing. Galveston Bay. never been on the ocean side.
never tried to get through the waves or for that matter not sure I could. "just being honest"
Would love to make the trip. I have a Bonafide ss127 and I am just a paddler. Thoughts, will their be others that are novices to Beyond the Breakers. I am definitely not helpless just have not done it.
Any info helps.
These are great questions. This outing is catered to new people that want to go BTB. There will be plenty of new and experienced kayakers there. In regards to getting through the breakers, I try to pick the days that are best for new people so that you guys can make it out and have fun fishing.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to post on here. BTW... did you want me to add you to the list?
Arlo

Post by Arlo »

Yes please do add
Arlo and Austin acker
Yakety_Yak

Post by Yakety_Yak »

Arlo wrote:Yes please do add
Arlo and Austin acker
Gotcha added. Welcome to the fun. If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to post on here or hit me up. 832-588-7091
Arlo

Post by Arlo »

Yakety_Yak
Two of us. edit for line 125
Austin Acker
Arlo Acker
We will be there
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Blake,