Got my first COVID Vaccine shot today!

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Got my first COVID Vaccine shot today!

Post by Dandydon »

This has little to do with kayak-fishing but a lot to do with our health.

Today I kept my 8am appointment to get the first of two Pfizer COVID Vaccine injections. Methodist Hospital ran the show and did a great job. I was out of there at 8:15am with my final shot scheduled for Feb. 20th.

Felt no arm soreness or other negative effects. I'm fact I took a fast 15-mile bike ride this afternoon and am planning my next fishing trip. The shot was free.

Yes, I got priority being a senior citizen (shudder!), but my experience was good and I advise getting the shots as soon as you can.

The sooner we achieve "herd immunity," the sooner we can ditch these damn face-masks and start partying again! Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
2 Weight Willie

Re: Got my first COVID Vaccine shot today!

Post by 2 Weight Willie »

I am gonna say that I wouldn't trust that stuff. Especially with so little testing. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I heartily disagree. Don't fall victim to ignorant conspiracy theories. But I'm willing to get the Covid shots and be a guinea pig example for my friends and TKF members.

If I take sick or die, watch for my buddy Shoffer's explanation and final words about me...

If I remain healthy as a stud stallion, maybe I'll see you on the water.

2 Weight Willie

I am not saying its a conspiracy or anything. That's just what I think. I am man enough to say maybe I am wrong. I don't know. Good luck and by all means I hope it works!

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks, 2 Weight... My hope is that we all stay healthy and able to do the things we love.

2 Weight Willie

Re: RE: Re: Got my first COVID Vaccine shot today!

Dandydon wrote:Thanks, 2 Weight... My hope is that we all stay healthy and able to do the things we love.

That would be awesome Image

Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Wait for awhile before you send out those party invitations...
2 Weight Willie

Ron Mc wrote:Wait for awhile before you send out those party invitations...
Ha

Tombo

Post by Tombo »

Can't wait for my injection, never thought I would ever say that. Everyone I have listened to in the medical field has taken this vaccine.
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

I'm still alive and kicking, men!

No soreness or side effects. Slept like a baby even though I'm a senior. I read a lot of the pandemic literature and did my homework. This Covid crap will continue until we get most Americans vaccinated. It's called "herd immunity." I salute Tombo for his intelligence.

If I start getting sick, I'll report to you. Am happy to be your Guinea pig. I still urge you to get vaccinated.

Meanwhile I'll be throwing my golf discs, riding my bikes, practicing Kung Fu, and fishing like I always have. Image

SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Dandydon wrote:I'm still alive and kicking, men!

No soreness or side effects. Slept like a baby even though I'm a senior. I read a lot of the pandemic literature and did my homework. This Covid crap will continue until we get most Americans vaccinated. It's called "herd immunity." I salute Tombo for his intelligence.

If I start getting sick, I'll report to you. Am happy to be your Guinea pig. I still urge you to get vaccinated.

Meanwhile I'll be throwing my golf discs, riding my bikes, practicing Kung Fu, and fishing like I always have. Image

Good to hear thanks for the report. I'm on a waiting list. Sooner most of us are on board and get the vaccine sooner we get back to near "normal".
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

Dandydon wrote:The sooner we achieve "herd immunity," the sooner we can ditch these damn face-masks and start partying again!
Absolutely nothing prevents us from ditching muzzles right now. Their efficacy at preventing spread is laughable (especially in close quarters, like airplane, etc). Maybe slows down a bit -- certainly not worth getting bent over for it.

About "herd immunity" -- I think we're in for a surprise here, common cold is notorious for it's mutations, that is why for 200 years no one managed to come up with working vaccine. Covid is a common cold with one protein replaced, I bet it will mutate at same rate with same effect. My bet "herd immunity" will never be achieved, at best they'll just fake it to open economy.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

[/quote]Good to hear thanks for the report. I'm on a waiting list. Sooner most of us are on board and get the vaccine sooner we get back to near "normal".[/quote]

"abnormal" is the "new normal"
Last edited by imaoldmanyoungsalt on Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FishingSETX
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by FishingSETX »

Good luck, sounds like the vast majority don't have any adverse reactions.

Like the flu vaccine, I won't be taking it. I've had the flu 4 or 5 times in my life (that I know of and was confirmed with tests) and I'll take it over a common cold any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Same thing with Covid other than the quarantine. My wife and I plus my 2 kids had it just before Xmas. Kids (8 and 3) had zero symptoms, wife had a slight fever and cough for 1.5 days, and I had a slight cough and some fatigue for 4 or 5 days. Not saying everyone gets it the same. I've had 2 people I know personally die from covid complications both in their mid to late 50's- early 60's with underlying health conditions. It's just that the flu and now covid doesn't effect me, my wife or our kids nearly as bad as most. Now the common cold will kick my butt for a week or two, longer without a steroid shot!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Please be prepared for Shoffer's response to the COVID crisis. He told me he has important news you can use to stay healthy and catch limits of fish.

Watch this space for Capt. Shoffer...

2 Weight Willie

Dandydon wrote:Please be prepared for Shoffer's response to the COVID crisis. He told me he has important news you can use to stay healthy and catch limits of fish.

Hey shoffer! I'm all Image;)

2 Weight Willie

Dandydon wrote:Please be prepared for Shoffer's response to the COVID crisis. He told me he has important news you can use to stay healthy and catch limits of fish.

I'll be keeping my ears open for that Hey DD you fish out of Galveston right

Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

2 Weight, do your parents know how late you're up? Ha ha. See my other post on this tender topic.

I'm a rich retired lawyer, son, who fishes wherever or whenever I desire. Usually I go with the Hobie Navy: Shoffer, me, Watson and Kickingback, plus Watson's son Ellis. We usually catch a few and have a blast, day or night. We'll be happy to throw you out a number, as Capt. Mickey Eastman says on his radio fishing show on KILT.

Galveston works for us because West Bay is about the only damn salty water we've got left... Used to fish Trinity Bay a lot before it went FRESH. Jury's still out on East Bay. About twice a year we also hit East Matagorda Bay. Oh my.

Check us out and come fishing sometime. No note from Mom required... Yassir. Image

2 Weight Willie

Dandydon wrote:2 Weight, do your parents know how late you're up? Ha ha. See my other post on this tender topic.

I'm a rich retired lawyer, son, who fishes wherever or whenever I desire. Usually I go with the Hobie Navy: Shoffer, me, Watson and Kickingback, plus Watson's son Ellis. We usually catch a few and have a blast, day or night. We'll be happy to throw you out a number, as Capt. Mickey Eastman says on his radio fishing show on KILT.

Galveston works for us because West Bay is about the only damn salty water we've got left... Used to fish Trinity Bay a lot before it went FRESH. Jury's still out on East Bay. About twice a year we also hit East Matagorda Bay. Oh my.

Check us out and come fishing sometime. No note from Mom required... Yassir. Image

Thanks. I fish the coastal bend only though. I joined because my dad rec. I joined a LOCAL Forum. So here I am. Ron, trail chaser, and a few others have known for awhile and have been a huge help. (I prefer my age to be brought up as least as possible)