Open Invite @ Rockport - July 18th & 19th.......Maybe?

Neumie
Site Admin

Open Invite @ Rockport - July 18th & 19th.......Maybe?

Post by Neumie »

Not 100% I'm going to be able to make the trip, but the wind is looking good for this weekend so I'm putting feelers out.

Initial thought is to fish South Bay.

SWFinatic

Re: Open Invite @ Rockport - July 18th & 19th.......Maybe?

Post by SWFinatic »

Sounds fun. South Bay should be a good play. Waters still dirty but that doesn't stop them from biting.

My plans are up in the air. Was going offshore but they're closing the beaches again to vehicle traffic. I'll have a better handle on my schedule tomorrow.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

I might be up for that, Josh. The wind's been so high, I've been working on my skiff trailer. The weather liars are predicting good conditions. Launch from South Bay Bait, or across from Hog Is? Being a local, I don't fish a lot of weekend days. I'll keep watching this post. ...TexasJim...
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

I should have said earlier; I am not tone deaf to what's currently going on in Texas/country/world so if there's more than myself fishing this weekend social distancing will be adhered to. Everyone should stay more than a paddle length apart.
TexasJim wrote:Launch from South Bay Bait, or across from Hog Is? Being a local, I don't fish a lot of weekend days. I'll keep watching this post. ...TexasJim...

My initial thought was to launch from South Bay Bait/Marina, but I never thought about launching at Hog Island. That could be a good idea because when the wind starts to blow out of the SE/E in the late morning ducking behind Hog Island for the return paddle would be good.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

My folks are down at our cabin and I'll be fishing from our boat on Saturday.

So, Sunday I'll be kayak fishing South Bay/Hog Island area if anyone wants to join me.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Josh: Tried to PM you. Looked at the launch today North of the Stedman bridge(Cummings Channel?), by the concrete piers they never finished. Plenty of parking, shell beach with seaweed. A lot closer to South Bay Flats than across from Hog.

I'm planning to join you Sun. AM. Let me know what time & where. Catch 'em up Sat. ...TexasJim...
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

TexasJim wrote:Josh: Tried to PM you. Looked at the launch today North of the Stedman bridge(Cummings Channel?), by the concrete piers they never finished. Plenty of parking, shell beach with seaweed. A lot closer to South Bay Flats than across from Hog.

I'm planning to join you Sun. AM. Let me know what time & where. Catch 'em up Sat. ...TexasJim...
Huh, didn't get pm from you., but I cleaned it out. It'll be early on Sunday, planning around launching at safe light; so 6 ish.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

Josh, don't think you could have picked a better weekend - especially Saturday - looking for your report...
WestTXFisherman

Post by WestTXFisherman »

How'd you do? I will be down there August 9-15th if anyone is planning on going out during that time.
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

WestTXFisherman wrote:How'd you do? I will be down there August 9-15th if anyone is planning on going out during that time.
I put the report is in the Fishing Reports sub-forum: http://www.texaskayakfisherman.com/foru ... 8&t=252267
WestTXFisherman

Post by WestTXFisherman »

Thanks. looks like you had a great trip.