TexasKayakFisherman.com est. 2000

Kayak fishing the Lone Star State...

Please visit our sponsor Slowride Guide Services
I might be up for that, Josh. The wind's been so high, I've been working on my skiff trailer. The weather liars are predicting good conditions. Launch from South Bay Bait, or across from Hog Is? Being a local, I don't fish a lot of weekend days. I'll keep watching this post. ...TexasJim...
I should have said earlier; I am not tone deaf to what's currently going on in Texas/country/world so if there's more than myself fishing this weekend social distancing will be adhered to. Everyone should stay more than a paddle length apart.

TexasJim wrote:Launch from South Bay Bait, or across from Hog Is? Being a local, I don't fish a lot of weekend days. I'll keep watching this post. ...TexasJim...

My initial thought was to launch from South Bay Bait/Marina, but I never thought about launching at Hog Island. That could be a good idea because when the wind starts to blow out of the SE/E in the late morning ducking behind Hog Island for the return paddle would be good.
Josh: Tried to PM you. Looked at the launch today North of the Stedman bridge(Cummings Channel?), by the concrete piers they never finished. Plenty of parking, shell beach with seaweed. A lot closer to South Bay Flats than across from Hog.

I'm planning to join you Sun. AM. Let me know what time & where. Catch 'em up Sat. ...TexasJim...
TexasJim wrote:Josh: Tried to PM you. Looked at the launch today North of the Stedman bridge(Cummings Channel?), by the concrete piers they never finished. Plenty of parking, shell beach with seaweed. A lot closer to South Bay Flats than across from Hog.

I'm planning to join you Sun. AM. Let me know what time & where. Catch 'em up Sat. ...TexasJim...

Huh, didn't get pm from you., but I cleaned it out. It'll be early on Sunday, planning around launching at safe light; so 6 ish.
San Luis 8/3

Thanks for the report and lures tip We've got our[…]

Post your trailer!!!!

That will do nicely. I'll speak for Stevo, here[…]

Hey, nice report! Thanks!

I haven't been there and I haven't seen a fishing […]