Book on Lower LagunaMadre?

TexasJim

Book on Lower LagunaMadre?

Post by TexasJim »

Do any of you know of a book similar to Ray Crawford's books that covers the area from South Corpus to SPI/Port Isabel? My research hasn't resulted in anything. There's not as much vehicle access but there's ton of fishable water.

Bye, y'all, and thanks to TKFStubb for the great ride! TexasJim in Rockport
Neumie
Site Admin

Re: Book on Lower LagunaMadre?

Post by Neumie »

TexasJim wrote:Do any of you know of a book similar to Ray Crawford's books that covers the area from South Corpus to SPI/Port Isabel? My research hasn't resulted in anything. There's not as much vehicle access but there's ton of fishable water.

Bye, y'all, and thanks to TKFStubb for the great ride! TexasJim in Rockport
I think he was working on one for south Texas, but it never came to fruition. I don't think there's a guide for for down there.
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

Thanks, Josh. I didn't think there was anything like Ray's other books. I've got an autographed copy of the Coastal Bend book I wouldn't take for. Well, maybe a Viking kayak would pry it loose. I had the Upper Coast book, too, but sold it(too cheap) to another TKF'r.
I'm familiar with Port Mansfield, Arroyo City and SPI fishing locations, but I'm sure there are tons of spots worth exploring down there. I'll be down there this month, but won't be kayaking. Maybe I can go "exploring".

See ya' on the other side. TexasJim
potlicker
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by potlicker »

whatever happened to Ray Crawford now?
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

TexasJim wrote:Bye, y'all, and thanks to TKFStubb for the great ride! TexasJim in Rockport
Are you leaving us?
Neumie
Site Admin

Post by Neumie »

SWFinatic wrote:
TexasJim wrote:Bye, y'all, and thanks to TKFStubb for the great ride! TexasJim in Rockport
Are you leaving us?
Check the date on the original post. His comment was made before TKFStubbs found a someone to take over TKF.
SWFinatic

Post by SWFinatic »

Oops. :shock:
creekstone

Post by creekstone »

potlicker wrote:whatever happened to Ray Crawford now?
I reached out to Ray several years ago (2013?). I think I was asking about a middle coast book (covering Matagorda). He replied that he had tons of notes and had started the book; but his health was keeping him from completing it.
flynut

Post by flynut »

TxJim - Is it over? :D I would think, so as to avoid anyone from uncharitably, and possibly unfairly, thinking you hypocritical, that you would be staying closer to home until the coronavirus problem has been completely resolved. :wink:
TexasJim

Post by TexasJim »

As we sometimes say, here in the Coastal Bend, "We're all here, because we're not all there!"

Living in a county that's had only five Covid cases, we would like the Texas Rangers to block the roads into the county and only allow Corona in if it's in cans or bottles!

Not venturing past Aransas Pass, .........TexasJim..........
ben_beyer

Post by ben_beyer »

I posted a question about Bird Island Boat Ramp and then realized that is Upper Laguna Madre so please disregard.
Crusader

Post by Crusader »

potlicker wrote:whatever happened to Ray Crawford now?
Yeah, in fact, you can contact him and buy his books directly from him. Just like I did...