Busted kayak trip so another surf report

mwatson71

Busted kayak trip so another surf report

Post by mwatson71 »

By the time I got to the ramp, boat traffic was already heavy so I opted to leave the yak on the SUV and headed to the surf. It took me a while to figure out what they what they wanted, but by 7:45a I had a cooler with four specks to 22" and threw back four more keepers thinking there would be another big one. If I'd known the last caught keeper was going to be the last caught keeper, I could have left with my limit.

It was the kind of surf where from the car looked decent, and then when you get about thigh deep you start to regret the decision but figure you're already wet so you may as well give it a shot. Then in waist deep water they were crashing over my head every 20th wave. And then there would be a lull of sorts for a couple of minutes with decent sized but manageable waves. And then one would knock me off of my feet and make me want to call it a morning. But I'd make that "last cat" and hook up and decide it wasn't so bad. Repeated that about 20 times. Home by 9:20a.
Johnny5455
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Busted kayak trip so another surf report

Post by Johnny5455 »

2 thumbs up on the box of fish and calling an audible! The winds seemed light this morning in Houston. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

Johnny5455 wrote:2 thumbs up on the box of fish and calling an audible! The winds seemed light this morning in Houston. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I sometimes wonder whether I should post a surf report on a kayak fishing website but if people on here are like me, any fishing report is better than no report. Plus, it started off as a kayak trip, just didn't end up as one.
imaoldmanyoungsalt

Post by imaoldmanyoungsalt »

mwatson71 wrote:
Johnny5455 wrote:2 thumbs up on the box of fish and calling an audible! The winds seemed light this morning in Houston. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I sometimes wonder whether I should post a surf report on a kayak fishing website but if people on here are like me, any fishing report is better than no report. Plus, it started off as a kayak trip, just didn't end up as one.
You'll never hear criticism from me for posting about "anything" fishing, kayak site or not. Keep 'em coming! I'm headed down for some surf fishing in a few weeks myself so I appreciate the report. Of course we'll be taking the kayaks but mainly because my sons want to run baits out with them.