Looking for a group/person to go BTB in Bolivar with...

flyboy718

Looking for a group/person to go BTB in Bolivar with...

Post by flyboy718 »

Just purchased a 14' Feelfree Moken 14. I have been wanting to go BTB ever since I saw the first YouTube video. I fish in the marsh a lot in my 10' already. Looking for a group or person to go out with to learn what I need to know to catch fish out there and safely. I am a school teacher and have the entire summer off to go out. I'm not necessarily stuck to Bolivar but I would prefer there because that is where I fish out of. My Dad also just bought the same kayak and we are looking to start doing this together but first want to learn from some folks first. Thanks! Let me know!
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Looking for a group/person to go BTB in Bolivar with...

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

Are you geared up for BTB. PFD, VHF, leashes and appropriate rigs for Reds and sharks?

Will be at the SLABS early Sunday morning with my wingman. All are welcome.
flyboy718

Post by flyboy718 »

I haven't picked up my yak yet, paid for it, but it will be a few weeks before I can go get it. I am going to upgrade my PFD and paddle when I go pick it up. What VHF do you recommend? I fish for shark and bull red from the beach so I have that terminal tackle. Any different with the terminal tackle BTB? Thanks!
LOOKN4REDS
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by LOOKN4REDS »

Check the pinned topic GETTING STARTED above our post. Everything you need to know.
bigfost
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by bigfost »

There aren't nearly as many BTB fishermen on the upper coast as there once was, but a handful of us still fish regularly. I usually post my trips. You are welcome to fish with us.