Left rods at Christmas bay

SteveRetrieve

Left rods at Christmas bay

Post by SteveRetrieve »

Kind of a long shot, but I left my three favorite rods at the end of dolphin drive and if any TKF’r happened to grab them I’d be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Left rods at Christmas bay

Post by karstopo »

That’s too bad. I haven’t been out there in a long time. Dolphin doesn’t get as much traffic as the other end, maybe you’ll get lucky.
SteveRetrieve

Post by SteveRetrieve »

I left them around 4:30pm, returned 3 hours later and they were gone. There were a lot of waders that afternoon and they were probably gone 10 minutes after I left.

My only hope is the kayaker I spoke with briefly who was loading his stuff into his F-150 around the time I left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by karstopo »

I’ve found one operational set up on the beach once, Cheap academy special. Hooked a few submerged ones over the years. Lost a expensive g Loomis baitcasting rod and can’t remember the reel to a ladyfish. Set the rod down on a dock for a second, that’s when the fish hit. Broken a couple of fly rods. Stinks losing 3 at once. Fishing can be expensive.
mwatson71

Post by mwatson71 »

In case you haven't. I'd also post your loss on 2coolfishing and any other fishing websites you can think of. I caught a pretty new set up once at GISP and believe it or not, I posted the find here and found the owner.
JimD
TKF 3000 Club
TKF 3000 Club

Post by JimD »

There is too cool
and Mont's new board dos frios boardwhich some of the old timers moved to. A rose by any other name. :)