Boxes for Saltwater and Bass Bugs

ben_beyer

Boxes for Saltwater and Bass Bugs

Post by ben_beyer »

I'm focusing the majority of my tying on Saltwater and Bass Bugs and interested in what other people are using to keep their flies organized in?

I've looked at the Tacky Big Bug Fly Box X2 and it's nice but I want to make sure I have something that will meet my needs and I'm not interested in being out $35 on a fly box alone if it's not the right one. I've also looked at some of the Cliff's fly boxes too.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tacky+B ... jJmwGlPuLM
karstopo
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Re: Boxes for Saltwater and Bass Bugs

Post by karstopo »

I use these inexpensive boxes. Works for me, but use what you want. Image
ben_beyer

Post by ben_beyer »

That's what I was thinking of doing since most of my flies won't have feathers or other materials that could break.
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I throw in lure boxes when I place an order from TackleDirect - they're like the Plano boxes, priced right, and offer a good range of sizes from micro to offshore.
Container Store is another source if you're convenient to one - they also sell milk crates there.
impulse

Post by impulse »

I've migrated over to the o-ringed waterproof boxes from Plano (and others) for the tackle that follows me onto the water. For the stuff that stays in the house or the van and I pull it out occasionally before getting on the water, the standard boxes are fine. But the o-ringed boxes for a few dollars more sure save a lot of rinsing and/or rusting. Especially on the kayaks and wading in the surf where they're constantly splashed or immersed. That's doubly important on fuzzy lures that soak up salt water and rust between trips.

The biggest downside (in terms of convenience) is unhooking the latches one time before the adventure, and re-hooking them after. While on the water, only one of the 3 latches is used. The boxes still seal pretty well and it's easy to open just one latch. Lots of different sizes available.
Attachments
Plano.jpg
Plano.jpg (45.53 KiB) Viewed 13462 times
ben_beyer

Post by ben_beyer »

Yeah I use those with my conventional gear currently. I also bought one of the new EDGE series and the single latch is nicer than the 3 latch system.