Academy sale - 75% off marked clearance

shoffer
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Academy sale - 75% off marked clearance

Post by shoffer »

Picked all of this up for a total of 18.00 bucks. The best selection is at Academy on Westheimer and Hillcroft in Houston. I also hit the stores in Woodlands (fairly sparse) Highway 59 and Shepherd in Houston (mostly bass tackle - not worth it) and the Academy in Conroe (don't waste your time here).
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Re: Academy sale - 75% off marked clearance

Post by Dandydon »

Thanks for the great product alert. Academy for years was the place to shop after Oshman's bit the dust. But now it seems Academy has diminished its fishing gear to make more store space for overpriced sports clothing and faux Texans jerseys.

Am glad you found the last good Academy standing. I now sometimes check the Heights-area Walmart because their fishing inventory continues to grow. Their H2O Express products are decent and inexpensive.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
saltykat
TKF 2000 club
TKF 2000 club

Post by saltykat »

Thats quite a haul for $18 :cat: I miss academy almost as much as I miss the salt. I've got some great deals at the Richmond and Lake Jackson locations
Dandydon
TKF 1000 Club
TKF 1000 Club

Post by Dandydon »

Donnie, I still have most those Tsunami Cork lures you gave me, in the tasty "Redfish" pattern. They caught me 3 nice slot reds and 3 decent specks down at East Matagorda. Somehow that big black dot attracts a lot of tail strikes!

But so far no bites up Galveston way. Will keep trying. I don't think they're making any more of that pattern. Thanks for the memories.Image

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Ron Mc
TKF 5000 Club
TKF 5000 Club

Post by Ron Mc »

I think Tobin has well-demonstrated with TSL Birthday Suit a moving black tail (or peduncle) is very mullet-esque.

YakRunabout

Post by YakRunabout »

Thanks for the sale heads-up
- just what I need - more lures!!
impulse

Post by impulse »

Headed off to Academy in Galveston today (Monday) Not much on clearance in the way of lures. Glad it was just a side trip, otherwise it would have been a bust.

Picked up 2 YakGear folding kayak seats for $11 each and a few sabiki rigs at $0.74 each to try under the lights tonight. They're chasing the tiny minnows this time of year, and if the skeeters don't drive me off the dock, maybe I'll catch one or 3.